BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Show Unit ID for ENC Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Is there any setting I am missing for the BCD436HP to show a radio unit ID's during an encrypted transmission? All I see is the ENC.

My BCD396XT has no problem showing radio ID's during an encrypted transmission. What am I missing here?

Thanks.

marksmith

Is there any setting I am missing for the BCD436HP to show a radio unit ID's during an encrypted transmission? All I see is the ENC.

My BCD396XT has no problem showing radio ID's during an encrypted transmission. What am I missing here?

Thanks.
All you should have to do is turn on the show radio ID option.

Encoded phase 2 transmissions will show. I use the extra line display mode that reduces font of some lines, but I don't think it's required to see radio ID.

Phase 1 or Motorola encoded transmissions I would think would be not shown as radio ignores them. I thought this to also be the case for 396xt

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
All you should have to do is turn on the show radio ID option.

Encoded phase 2 transmissions will show. I use the extra line display mode that reduces font of some lines, but I don't think it's required to see radio ID.

Phase 1 or Motorola encoded transmissions I would think would be not shown as radio ignores them. I thought this to also be the case for 396xt

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

That is what it has been set on. It will not show ENC radio ID's.

kma371

QRT
I believe it used to , but a firmware upgrade changed that. I think we as users should be able to choose that, not Uniden. Same with muting or skipping encrypted talkgroups.

troymail

Silent Key
I believe it used to , but a firmware upgrade changed that. I think we as users should be able to choose that, not Uniden. Same with muting or skipping encrypted talkgroups.

+1

I fully agree.

If nothing else, it would help users/radio owners know that there is activity on systems they are trying to monitor but currently hear nothing and don't know why.

gary123

I too agree. Sometimes it would be very useful to hear the garbled signals, especially in seacrhing or CC mode. I have noticed that both the NAC and the Unit ID (RID) are often not displayed when dealing with ENC transmissions.

I use the RID to at least tell me what unit is talking to what unit even though I cannot hear the transmission.

P25 encrypts unit id iirc.

No it dosent. The RID and NAC are just about the only things not encrypted.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am running the latest firmware on a 436 and it does have the ability to detect the rid's during enc comms on a motorola type 2 with P25. I see them in my Proscan logs. Not every one, but like a 70 percent success rate. Whether Uniden allows them to be displayed on the scanner screen or not, I am not sure of, but Proscan does catch them.

On a pure p25 phase 1 system, I don't see enc rid's being logged but I just put it on and I dont have the best reception due to that system being kind of far away.. I will report back with that.

As far as p25 conventional, I have had this scanning for a good part of the day and just saw an enc call go out on sdr with dsd but proscan did not detect anything.

gary123

I have had this scanning for a good part of the day and just saw an enc call go out on sdr with dsd but proscan did not detect anything.

this is why it would be nice to turn off the auto mute function. We may not be able to understand the transmission but we would at least know it was made.My local system bounces back and forth between ENC and clear.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I am running the latest firmware on a 436 and it does have the ability to detect the rid's during enc comms on a motorola type 2 with P25. I see them in my Proscan logs. Not every one, but like a 70 percent success rate. Whether Uniden allows them to be displayed on the scanner screen or not, I am not sure of, but Proscan does catch them.

On a pure p25 phase 1 system, I don't see enc rid's being logged but I just put it on and I dont have the best reception due to that system being kind of far away.. I will report back with that.

As far as p25 conventional, I have had this scanning for a good part of the day and just saw an enc call go out on sdr with dsd but proscan did not detect anything.

I have Pro Scan. I will try it that way and see if it works for me in logging radio ID's for the FBI in St. Louis.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have Pro Scan. I will try it that way and see if it works for me in logging radio ID's for the FBI in St. Louis.
It will not...

I run a 325 into Pro96comm - have not even looked to see if a 536 will. I doubt it passes the info. in CC ch out. Not listed on P96 list of radios either.

Works fine with a 325,996x - shows all enc TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.