BCD436HP Single frequency DMR Discovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdetmold

I have been trying to figure this out for some time. how on earth do I setup Single Frequency DMR discovery? I have no issue setting up a new favorite to monitor the dmr system however I cant get discovery working.

everything I have read says set it up as a conventional system however it does not seem to every decode dmr. there seems to be no option to set a digital standard... all i every get is the tell tale clicking of an analog receiver picking up dmr.

I have also tested this with my own dmr radios and have had no better results.

jdetmold

Yes I did. As I say if I manually program it to the same dmr system I am trying to discover it works fine.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When doing basic discovery you can't tell the scanner to only look for DMR traffic.

When doing trunked discovery (which can only be done on a system you've already programmed) there is no option for DMR because the digital type is already specified when you selected what kind of digital system when you created the trunked system in Sentinel. If the system is DMR, and you selected P25, your only option is to delete the system and start over from the beginning.

The same is true if you created a conventional system and it should be digital trunked.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I haven't really done any serious searching using Discovery Mode yet;
So I'm looking for an agency's frequencies and I don't know if they're P25, conventional, or DMR, basic discovery will give me the "hit" regardless, and tell me which it is? Will it still "hit" on the frequency if it's encrypted P25? (Since the 436 mutes P25 encryption when scanning.)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
For logging stuff, your best option is to connect the scanner to ProScan. It will tell you the frequency, system type, NAC,CTCSS/DCS/color code, talkgroup and unit IDs, how many hits, total transmission time, etc. With the 536 Wi-Fi connection, you can also record good quality audio of each transmission to help figure out who is using unknown talkgroups, or at least the type of traffic they carry.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to figure this out for some time. how on earth do I setup Single Frequency DMR discovery? I have no issue setting up a new favorite to monitor the dmr system however I cant get discovery working.

everything I have read says set it up as a conventional system however it does not seem to every decode dmr. there seems to be no option to set a digital standard... all i every get is the tell tale clicking of an analog receiver picking up dmr.

I have also tested this with my own dmr radios and have had no better results.

I don't think there is a simple way to just search and discover DMR with the 436HP/536HP's. I've been using the TRX-1 and you can use Limit Search or Tune and it will decode DMR on the fly.

Buttabean

My Whistler TRX-1

I don't think there is a simple way to just search and discover DMR with the 436HP/536HP's. I've been using the TRX-1 and you can use Limit Search or Tune and it will decode DMR on the fly.

Ive been able to specify DMR ONLY on my trx-1 scanner and it will search for that type of modulation signal & that one only BUT HOWEVER . . . That was set that way accidently and once i discovered it i switched it to ALL types of signals/modulation. Heres a link to a video i made of my scanner in tune mode searching for the frequencies associated with the atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. This is also before i learned that the whole radio reference database was on the SD card on my scanner & all i had to do was browse into the library for what i wanted to hear and drag it into a scanlist and rename the list and walla. Link to video---> MotoTRBO/DMR Search

Heres a seperate link to another video i did on DMR--> JACKSON COUNTY PUBLIC SAFETY MotoTRBO/DMR RADIO SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.