Uniden 325 Alert Lighs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4DOB

I programmed all of the color alerts and although they worked for about a week, they don't any more. I am using the RR ARC XT Pro software and on the virtual scan, the corresponding color "bars" were there too, they have disappeared. The color codes still appear on the spread sheets but - no color. I just can't find a fix .Any suggestions ?

divison200

BCD 352-P Backlight

Correction the BCD 325P,,,On this unit the only backlight you will receive is orange, no other colors.

Last edited:

KD4DOB

325 Thanks

Duh! I own a RS Pro 106 and while I was waiting for my new 325, I dug in to the software and updated everything, including color coding everything. I then downloaded the new software for the 325 and worked on loading and tweaking it all as I had done with my RS. A few days ago when I received my 325, I was ready and just downloaded all of my work into the new scanner. I expected that all Scanners had the color alerts (as in the software). I never thought to look for the light on the top! (That's the "duh" part!)
I am REALLY sorry that this is missing in the 325 since it has been, on several scanners) the method I use to monitor without having to always been looking at the scanner screen. blue=police, green=Sherrif, Red=fire,,,,, etc. I hope I can get used to always looking at the screen! And, perhaps, you should take the color alert column off the software! It's now meaningless.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Duh! I own a RS Pro 106 and while I was waiting for my new 325, I dug in to the software and updated everything, including color coding everything. I then downloaded the new software for the 325 and worked on loading and tweaking it all as I had done with my RS. A few days ago when I received my 325, I was ready and just downloaded all of my work into the new scanner. I expected that all Scanners had the color alerts (as in the software). I never thought to look for the light on the top! (That's the "duh" part!)
I am REALLY sorry that this is missing in the 325 since it has been, on several scanners) the method I use to monitor without having to always been looking at the scanner screen. blue=police, green=Sherrif, Red=fire,,,,, etc. I hope I can get used to always looking at the screen! And, perhaps, you should take the color alert column off the software! It's now meaningless.
Having the colors 'set' does not affect the 325P2. Since that is not an available feature for the 325, the scanner simply ignores that setting.

When I purchased my 325P2, I used one of the files I had been using for my 396TX, which does have the color display option. Even though some of the systems have color selections, the 325P2 ignores them. Of course, for the P25 Phase II systems in my area, those are only set up for the 325, so no need to add colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.