RID i0

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

On Uniden scanners, do you have to put i0'in all groups to get RID's on all TG in a system?
If RID are tagged with names, do they have to be in the group they are associated with?
Can all RID's of all groups be entered under one discrete group?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Radio IDs are associated with a System, not Departments under a System.

Have you read a manual, or downloaded Sentinel?

troymail

Silent Key
On Uniden scanners, do you have to put i0'in all groups to get RID's on all TG in a system?
No - no need to enter i0 at all. If the radio in question is able to display radio IDs, you just enable the feature and you'll see the radio IDs. You only need to add radio IDs if you want to assign names to the IDs (alpha tag) to display the name vs. the RID.
If RID are tagged with names, do they have to be in the group they are associated with?
RIDs are added at the system level in the Unit ID tab (at least on the HP and x36 radios).
Can all RID's of all groups be entered under one discrete group?
RIDs are assigned to a system at the system level.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
an "i" in front of the RID is a Proscan thing.. If you don't use Proscan to feed or control the scanner there is no need to add it, or the % in front of the name you apply..

marksmith

Entering i0 as a talkgroup in any department of a digital system enables listening to i-calls. These are private calls between 2 units on a system.

This is true on any Uniden trunking scanner that can handle talkgroups, and is not just a "Proscan thing", whatever that means.

By entering i0 in any department as a talkgroup ID, the radio will receive private comms between two unit ID's, regardless of what department or talkgroup they might normally use.

I am not sure what the original poster was specifically trying to get to, but this answers some of the questions that were asked.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Entering i0 as a talkgroup in any department of a digital system enables listening to i-calls. These are private calls between 2 units on a system.

I am not sure what the original poster was specifically trying to get to, but this answers some of the questions that were asked.

Mark

Cool, I learned something new today.. Thanks!

marksmith

Cool, I learned something new today.. Thanks!
No problem. Not sure it answers what the poster,was asking, but not sure OP really knows what or how to ask question.

i0 is not a RID as he indicates. It is a wildcard used on capable Uniden radios to hear i-calls on that trunked system.

I think OP is really asking how to show Radio ID's. All that is required on Uniden radios for that is to turn it on using the menu. On some radios it also requires changing the display mode to one that shows radio ID's. This would be on 396/325/996 radios.

Mark

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are using an x96XT scanner, one Alpha tags Radio Identification Numbers using one format, but with the x36 Home Patrol line, it is different.

On the x96XT, I set up a separate group for alpha tagging radio ids, for ease of maintaining. They don't have to be in the same group as talkgroup ids are location. Just be sure you use the "i" in front of the 6 o 7 digit radio id number (which tells the scanner a Radio ID is involved). That goes in the talkgroup column and the name you wish to associate with the Radio ID in the Alpha tag column.

On the x36 Home Patrol scanners, Radio ID information is in the System level, using the Unit IDs tab in Sentinel.

Regardless of which model radio, Radio ID data is "global" meaning it is not associated with a given talkgroup because the radio can use many different talkgroups. For example Radio ID 180010 can show up on Fire 5, Police 1 or Med 3 talkgroups.

Last edited:

vocoder

Thanks to all
Yes, my RID' s do display.
And sorry I did not explain properly, I was wanting to set it up to listen to all system or global private calls properly.
Also, to make sure if I have just one group of RID listed anywhere in the system, it would still display my RID tags no matter the group the associated active talkgroup is in.
I thought I read that Uniden added i0 to add to "display id setting" to make this all work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.