tone adjustment for speaker BCD 996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWS23499

Is there a way to adjust bass sound of this scanner? Sometimes hard to hear what is being said.. Is there a tone adjustment? A.ll help appreciated .

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
RWS23499,
There is no way the user can adjust treble or bass on this scanner. I have the same scanner and at times the digital reception is bassy and hard to understand.
Mike

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
As a workaround, you can try an external speaker. Audio quality will be much better.

If necessary, find one with a tone control. Powered PC speakers work well, and are a reasonable price.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I can second what Cellphone said, I simply added a BC20 Bearcat speaker to my 996P2 and it was A big improvement over the internal speaker.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to adjust bass sound of this scanner? Sometimes hard to hear what is being said.. Is there a tone adjustment? A.ll help appreciated .

The internal speaker is on the bottom. Are you sitting it on the speaker, blocking it? If so try propping the radio up so the speaker can breath! :cool:

Good communications speakers have their audio frequency response tailored to 'voice', rather than full fidelity music. Most of the external speakers for scanners will be an improvement. The audio quality on the BCD996P2 is excellent!

RWS23499

tone adjustment for speaker BCD996P

Thanks for the reply's. I put the metal bracket on it so it wouldn't be muffled. I will get an external and try that
Uniden should try to fix this problem. The scanner does so many amazing things anyway. LOL

cmdrwill

You may want to put a series capacitor, poor mans hi pass filter, between the scanner and external speaker.

Look for a Motorola 8 ohm speaker, they are much brighter, less base, made for two way radio audio.

RWS23499

found a Midland ext. speaker here at home . Had been used on a CB radio. Does sound better than the scanner speaker. Thanks for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.