BC780XLT: RS232 serial programming cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a nice BC780-XLT. Is the DB9 RS232 serial programming/control cable a straight through design, or does it require a null-modem cable?

I'm attempting to access it with ProScan software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a nice BC780-XLT. Is the DB9 RS232 serial programming/control cable a straight through design, or does it require a null-modem cable?

I'm attempting to access it with ProScan software.

Use a straight through cable. Insure the scanner is in Remote mode indicated by RMT on the display.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Use a straight through cable. Insure the scanner is in Remote mode indicated by RMT on the display.

Thanks again Bob! Going from my BCT15X, BCD996XT, and BCD996P2 back to the BC780-XLT has been a little confusing for this old guy. Enabling RMT, and changing the baud rate on the 780XLT scanner from 9600 up to 19200 did the trick. I was assuming the scanner was already defaulted at 19200 like all the newer ones.

I was also shocked to see Butel totally abandoned support for his ARC780 product for those of us that bought it back in the day. Let that be a lesson to those of you on the fence regarding who's software to invest in. Not only does ProScan support numerous scanners with one product, and one payment, Bob supports it like no other!

Sending you Bob 200 'Thanks' in advance, as I'm sure it never ends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.