New Uniden BCD436HP cant pick up channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGoddardSVL

My new scanner wont pick up the Lake County Indiana Feeds are Indiana Hoosier Project SAFE-T (P25) channels all 45 of them are quiet but on broadcastify the police channels for town are going crazy. What am i doing wrong please help!

phask

Premium Subscriber
There are dozens of reasons, but start with---------
did you

Update the database and write it to the scanner?
Set your location
Set your service types
Set squelch to 2
Set range to 10, if too much stuff loads, try 5 or 1.

My new scanner wont pick up the Lake County Indiana Feeds are Indiana Hoosier Project SAFE-T (P25) channels all 45 of them are quiet but on broadcastify the police channels for town are going crazy. What am i doing wrong please help!

PGoddardSVL

There are dozens of reasons, but start with---------
did you

Update the database and write it to the scanner?
Set your location
Set your service types
Set squelch to 2
Set range to 10, if too much stuff loads, try 5 or 1.

updated database and firmware, Added all through sentinel favorites list, service types are all turned on for police and fire and tacs, range is at 10. picks everything up but Lake county ops on this p25 system. The squelch i cant figure out how to adjust, the volume button on top doubles as squelch but not seeing it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Function, then press down scroll knob and turn to adjust squelch.

Enable all "Multi" Service Types. That covers channels used for more than one service, e.g. Fire + EMS dispatch would be Multi-Dispatch Service Type.

PGoddardSVL

Figured out the squelch and it is on 2. However all the service types are turned on. Im going to meet with a local who seems to have this issue in the bag in the local amateur radio group and i will update tomorrow

Ed6698

Might do better with posting in the Indiana forum. There is one person in the thread I have linked to that monitors the Lake County system with the 436 with success. I really can't help you much as I do not have that Uniden, other then making sure you have the correct CC. I only have the Primary CC programmed as Lake County has never used any of the alternates in the 3 years since the system became live 3 years ago.

https://forums.radioreference.com/i...nitoring-lake-county-p25-system-bcd325p2.html

phask

Premium Subscriber
Try the complete database, with the service tyes on. That way it rules out any programming errors.

Lake county shows using their P25 for some/most - some SAFE-T as well.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8384

Do you have both systems? FWIW - SAFE-T in Lake is simulcast, reception may be poor or great.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I have slightly different problem with my 436.
I must have fooled with it as works fine for year or more but now in scan mode
of 2 local trunk systems it won't stop on my preprogrammed channels other
than the normal dispatch channels.
I can rotate manually on Chan mod hold button and hear talkgroups fine but in scan mode
will not stop and skips over them.. Guess I changed something in settings..
Any ideas?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Try the complete database, with the service tyes on. That way it rules out any programming errors.

This.

If you aren't receiving what you expect to, turn on ALL service types, and the Main Database. Programming errors in Favorite Lists are orders of magnitude more common than hardware problems.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
This.

If you aren't receiving what you expect to, turn on ALL service types, and the Main Database. Programming errors in Favorite Lists are orders of magnitude more common than hardware problems.

That did the trick! Thanks! Don't know how many of the Service types got turned "off" like that but
must have happened during some freq programming updates I recently did.
Cheers!

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have them turned off in Sentinel, and that propagated to the scanner when you wrote your updates to the scanner. Check your profile settings in Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.