RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 9:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbe View Post
The antenna are made for the US frequencies that might not be optimum for european monitoring.
Look at UPmans measurements of other antennas performance relative to the stock one.
Measuring Relative Antenna Receive Performance - Massively Uninformed
One can see that the stock antenna seems to be tuned to 175Mhz and 415MHz.

/Ubbe

Hi all,
I made a couple of tests in VHF too; in the attached pictures the radio on the right has the original antenna and the 3600 has a more performing diamond SRH-36 antenna.
Test 1) S 5 and perfect audio with the radio on the right, almost unreadable audio and no bars on my 3600.
Test 2) S 7 and perfect audio with the radio on the right, very noisy audio and 2 bars on my 3600.

Please make Your considerations.
Thanks.

Name:  IMG_9933.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  52.1 KBName:  IMG_9934.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  71.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 07-10-2018, 3:04 PM

Question dmr in Italy it's ok for this scanner?

hi Tony are you resolve the Problem with DMR reception in Italy? i Will Buy the scanner but i find your post!!
Old 07-24-2018, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutherb View Post
hi Tony are you resolve the Problem with DMR reception in Italy? i Will Buy the scanner but i find your post!!

Unfortunately I didít resolve anything. The Italian support answered maybe I canít decode some signals because are present data transmissions together the voice and so the scanner canít decode it. Such a strange behavior for an emergency scanner!

Anyway here You can find last firmware:
http://www.servicedocs.com/index.asp?document_id=18035

Old 07-24-2018, 7:53 PM

Tony, batte on. This is an ongoing issue with ALL Uniden made UBC/UBCD scanners. Not only European but also in Aus/NZ versions affected by the same lack of support and updates. Avera NL being a Marketing/Distributing company provide no technical support for the Dealers. Uniden US saying, NOT us, we don't support this model blah blah blah. And they maybe within their geographical distribution rights to do that. So we left with Uniden product with No support and nobody take any responsibility for the problem. I am not the only grumpy old man here. Happy days gentleman.
Old 07-24-2018, 9:38 PM

Maybe make it for all Uniden users outside the USA?
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2018, 1:33 PM

I canít understand if is a software problem, a hardware problem or both. The scanner sensitivity is very poor as I showed in a previous post but I wonder why some Chinese low cost radios decode DMR correctly. Please could somebody of Uniden from everywhere division give a reasonable answer?

Old 07-25-2018, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iz0kvz View Post
Hi all,
I made a couple of tests in VHF too; in the attached pictures the radio on the right has the original antenna and the 3600 has a more performing diamond SRH-36 antenna.
Test 1) S 5 and perfect audio with the radio on the right, almost unreadable audio and no bars on my 3600.
Test 2) S 7 and perfect audio with the radio on the right, very noisy audio and 2 bars on my 3600.
Please make Your considerations.
Is this decoding a DMR signal? If so, I'd suggest you switch off Close Call, and move from NFM to FM modulation. Also check that Digital Decode Threshold is set to AUTO

Last edited by jhampton2000; 07-25-2018 at 3:03 PM..
Old 07-25-2018, 2:43 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Also, ensure that you have never transmitted that close to the scanner (I know you are showing only receive in the photo). If you were to transmit while that close, it would likely damage the scanner's front end, resulting in very poor or no receive.
For better help, tell us specifically what you are trying to scan.

Tags
3600xlt, dmr programming, europe, support, uniden