DMR Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
I am a new member and while I have been scanning for years I have just started trying to capture and improve the community data base. I discovered numerous talk group ID's and reported them but after downloading them from Radio reference data base... my scanner will not receive them... What am I missing? I have attached a screen shot for reference.

New but wanting to learn. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Jenkins County.jpg
    Jenkins County.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 436

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
I copied a DMR turbo system near my location that was already identified and active in my area. I made a “favorites list” on my scanner and substituted the frequencies for the system already identified with the frequencies of the system that I wanted to identify. I got those frequencies from the Radio Reference Database. I then scanned my new”favorites list” and my scanner gave me the N-network I’d, S-system ID, T-Talkgroup I’d, and U-radio unit ID number. I submitted the Talkgroup ID’s to Radio Reference. After 2 weeks passed by, I downloaded the latest RR Database to my scanner and noticed that my scanner was not receiving the Talkgroup ID’s that I had submitted. I can still receive the Talkgroups on my “favorites list” that I created myself but for some reason I can’t receive them on my newest RR Database.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I copied a DMR turbo system near my location that was already identified and active in my area. I made a “favorites list” on my scanner and substituted the frequencies for the system already identified with the frequencies of the system that I wanted to identify. I got those frequencies from the Radio Reference Database. I then scanned my new”favorites list” and my scanner gave me the N-network I’d, S-system ID, T-Talkgroup I’d, and U-radio unit ID number. I submitted the Talkgroup ID’s to Radio Reference. After 2 weeks passed by, I downloaded the latest RR Database to my scanner and noticed that my scanner was not receiving the Talkgroup ID’s that I had submitted. I can still receive the Talkgroups on my “favorites list” that I created myself but for some reason I can’t receive them on my newest RR Database.
First thing I'd believe I would check would be the LCN's for your 'new' system. If you simply changed the frequencies, from another identified system, and substituted those licensed for your new entry, the LCN's on the system as entered in the RRDB may be incorrect.

If the system is fairly busy, try running the LCN finder on it, and see if the figures generated match what is currently in the database.

troymail

Silent Key
Two other unlikely possibilities (may be a stretch):

• check that the services types are enabled (I'm sure they probably are....)

• are you using any location control? I'm looking at the location data for the Jenkins County Public Safety DMR system and the location and range information puts the system a good distance north of Register GA

Other than that, I was thinking the same as Steve that perhaps the LCNs aren't quite right.

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
My service types are turned on. Can you/somebody tell me how to search for the LCN on my Uniden 536hp scanner. I’m having a hard time trying to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
When/if I do find the LCN numbers, do I need to submit them to Radio Reference along with the same frequency’s again?

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
I’m trying to update the databases around here because a lot of them haven’t been updated in years around in my area. Also a lot of them are switching to DMR Connect Plus system. For instance, Hancock Co (Ga) has been operating on a DMR Connect System for years and it still hasn’t been updated.

troymail

Silent Key
I’m trying to update the databases around here because a lot of them haven’t been updated in years around in my area. Also a lot of them are switching to DMR Connect Plus system. For instance, Hancock Co (Ga) has been operating on a DMR Connect System for years and it still hasn’t been updated.

That's great to hear... I have noticed lots of old information down that way... good to hear when folks are working it.

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
I’m new to the DMR Trunked Systems but I enjoy listening to them because of the clarity. Any tips you can give me on discovering them with my Uniden 536 scanner and posting them are greatly appreciated. Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
I tend to do lots of general limit searches (150-162 Mhz, 450-456 Mhz, 460-466 Mhz). In some areas, you can do as little as plug in all of the known local frequencies from the RRDB and discover that some have switched to digital.

Other options are to give Justin's tool a spin. It provides frequencies from FCC licenses that are authorized certain emission types such as DMR, NXDN, and P25. It's a tool that can help find some things but don't expect all will be as listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.