BCT15 Fire Tone Out Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adavis4

Hi all,
I have a Uniden BCT15 that I use exclusively in fire tone out mode. It generally works great. Recently, the dispatch frequency (and more likely the technology handling the dispatching) has been waiting > 5 seconds once the carrier drops after the tones before keying back up for the voice. The maximum time delay setting on my scanner is 5 seconds (i have 2,3,4,5 seconds and infinite).

I do not want to use infinite because there are times when i'm not home etc (scanner is always on) and i want the system to reset on it's own without requiring manual intervention. 8 seconds would probably do the trick and i'd be comfortable setting it up for 10 seconds.

Is there a way to download newer software to get longer delay times? I think i can do up to 10 seconds on my 996P2. Any other options?

Thanks all!
AD

Adavis4

One final question: What kind of cable do i need to connect the BCT15 to my computer? My 996P2 takes a usb mini, but that does not work on the 15. Is it something i can pick up commonly, or is it proprietary to Uniden scanners?

Thanks again,
AD

Ubbe

It's the same connector as some HP device but Uniden uses a different pinout.
If you already have a working USB-to-RS232 serial adapter use that and buy the Uniden RS232 cable for BCT15 and it is also used on some other Uniden scanners. If you buy the Uniden USB cable you'll probably need to spend some time with the driver install madness, almost mandatory if you are using Win8/10.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.