Siren App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_M

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone having problems with the Siren app? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 android platform Version 8.0.0. When I run this App it causes all my apps to keep stopping or isn't responding, with a message to close app. other then that the siren app is working receiving calls.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone having problems with the Siren app? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 android platform Version 8.0.0. When I run this App it causes all my apps to keep stopping or isn't responding, with a message to close app. other then that the siren app is working receiving calls.
Same thing happens on my Pixel 2 XL. It crashes everything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Unforgiven_AF

Uniden has abandoned the app, it's useless. Get ProScan, you'll be much more happy.

I'm new to this, in fact I hope my 536 is on a UPS truck. I understand Siren is a pretty bad (not pushing the language filters) solution. But I didn't realize ProScan was a viable replacement, that makes me really happy if its true. :D

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
ProScan is simply excellent. 30-day free trial. It's the scanning software equivalent of getting to 4th base with that really hot cheerleader you always had a crush on, and finding out she doesn't actually have a jealous boyfriend, or any of the STDs rumors claimed she had.

Unforgiven_AF

ProScan is simply excellent. 30-day free trial. It's the scanning software equivalent of getting to 4th base with that really hot cheerleader you always had a crush on, and finding out she doesn't actually have a jealous boyfriend, or any of the STDs rumors claimed she had.

ROFLMAO, I was buying it anyway, so that's just icing on the cake. :D:D I thought it was supplemental, not a replacement. In some ways I miss the simplicity of my old scanner, but in most ways I'm excited for the new adventure with all I have to learn. :)

Danny37

If uniden and ProScan teamed up and made an app I would die happy. I like the simplicity of an app vs a web page. But none the less, ProScan is fantastic. I use it daily, it's like having a mini scanner in my iPhone. Only thing is you need to have your PC on constantly streaming to the software.

Voyager

It should be pointed out that the Siren in question is the android version. That is not the only one. I've seen lots of stuff crash on androids, too. It almost makes me appreciate Apple's draconian app control.

bob550

Premium Subscriber

Yup, me too. Siren is nothing more than an app killer. Like you, I use a Samsung GS 8 with Android 8.0. It's just a waste of time.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I've discovered a workaround of sorts: I pulled my old Samsung GS 4 with Android 5.0 out of mothballs. So far, Siren runs without crashing the rest of the phone.

coolderb

It should be pointed out that the Siren in question is the android version. That is not the only one. I've seen lots of stuff crash on androids, too. It almost makes me appreciate Apple's draconian app control.

Same here. I run Siren on my iPhone 6 at work. It is like having a Home Patrol II scanner on my desk with the added bonus of also working inside the building where I work (my 436 does not work inside the building).

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
It also crashes my Pixel 2 XL running Android 8.1.

UpMan... any insight here on fixing/upgrading this app? Thanks.

bob550

Premium Subscriber

It's really not the Siren app that's crashing. It's everything else. In the many years I've used various Android versions across several handset platforms, I've not encountered anything like this. Firing up the Siren app is the equivalent of tossing a hand grenade into glass shop.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Normally, I am a big fan of Uniden. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with their customer service response to my Siren inquiry. Check this out...

My email: "Uniden, Is there any chance that you will fix the Siren application for Android? It crashes on Android 8.0 and 8.1."

Their response: "Please indicate the model of the uniden product you have for us to provide accurate recomendation/Troubleshooting.
The product code starts with “U” or “G” with numbers underneath or on the unit.

Kind Regards,

Jayson
UNIDEN CCTV Support"

What??? The guy didn't even read the text! This is a problem for the Uniden Siren application running on Android!!!

bob550

Premium Subscriber
This looks like an automated reply. "Jason" is probably a bot. Anyway, what would CCTV Support have to do with the Siren app?

Voyager

Maybe it got forwarded to the wrong place, but Uniden has many divisions that are not the scanner division.

The scanner info page is <<http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/ScannerManuals#Other_Resources>>

That shows a link to contact at <<https://www.uniden.com/page/contactus>> but that appears to be a dead link at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.