BCDx36HP Update 1.16.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1.16.00 Release Notes (04/23/2018)

• Corrected a bug that caused open squelch on previous version.
1.15.00 Release Notes (04/20/2018)

• Support TGID 0 in NXDN Trunk/OFT
  • Support NXDN Over The Air Alias
  • Modified the receiving operations for IDAS Trunk
  • Modified the receiving operation for NXDN Direct Frequency Assignment version
  • Adjust auto threshold calculation for NXDN
  • Adjust muting for NXDN Encryption
  • Improved trunk tracking for DMR RAS
  • Improved the decoding for Simplex DMR waiting with digital mode
  • Changed operations for encrypted audio, Scan is skipped, Search stays, and Trunked Discovery logs ENCRYPTED
  • Changed operations for site scan in ID scan hold mode
  • Fixed the issue of ignored setting NAC
  • Fixed the issue that back light is not turned off in minus delay for conventional DMR and NXDN
  • Added remote command MSM (MSM, nnn = Go to Mass Storage Mode for nnn seconds, then reboot to serial mode)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Update Applied to 436 and it does appear to solve the open carrier issue.

R9UTl1E.jpg

Thread stuck for time being.

Marshall KE4ZNR

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick fix on that bug. Testing the two units in my house now, will update the mobile later if all works out.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Working good. Thank you Paul and Uniden. Please keep the firmware updates comming...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Seems like there is a -10 second delay on some of my conventional channels, even though it is set to 2 seconds.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Still having issues monitoring the Franlkin County Jail CAP+ system with RAS, even though the signal strength is good enough to trigger Close Call occasionally.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9895

LCN Finder is still not working at all. I've heard several transmissions on my 536 and LCN finder on the 436 is still on "Found LCN 0/2".

Conventional and One Frequency Trunk both still miss a lot of traffic. The 536 usually only captures a second or two of a transmission, even though it is 15-20 seconds long. Both conventional and OFT miss >90% of total traffic.

System Status on the One Frequency Trunked system shows nothing, even when transmissions are active.

P.S. No indication of encryption, and ID Search is ON.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Great work Paul! I think it's awesome that you and Uniden continue to improve and advance technology and capabilities with your existing scanner radios when possible!

One of the many reasons people choose Uniden products and will continue to do so and recommend them to others as well! :)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have you have it programmed wrong. Why not program it as a MotoTRBO system instead of a DMR One Frequency system?

Database shows 2 frequencies and the LCNs provided 1/2

Still having issues monitoring the Franlkin County Jail CAP+ system with RAS, even though the signal strength is good enough to trigger Close Call occasionally.

LCN Finder is still not working at all. I've heard several transmissions on my 536 and LCN finder on the 436 is still on "Found LCN 0/2".

Conventional and One Frequency Trunk both still miss a lot of traffic. The 536 usually only captures a second or two of a transmission, even though it is 15-20 seconds long. Both conventional and OFT miss >90% of total traffic.

System Status on the One Frequency Trunked system shows nothing, even when transmissions are active.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

I believe your construing ID Search Mode with plain 'ol Search Mode. The bullet point may be misleading..

Changed operations for encrypted audio, Scan is skipped, Search stays, and Trunked Discovery logs ENCRYPTED

NOT ID SEARCH

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
What threshhold settings should we be using now for NXDN with the 1.16.00 firmware? Should we go back to Auto and 8-9, or should we stay on manual and continue to tinker?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Sounds like you have you have it programmed wrong. Why not program it as a MotoTRBO system instead of a DMR One Frequency system?

Database shows 2 frequencies and the LCNs provided 1/2

Sorry, coffee deficiency.

It is programmed as MotoTRBO Trunked. LCNs are set as programmed in the database, and verified with DSD+. (I'm the one who submitted the system.)

I'm hearing voice traffic with DSD+ and the frequencies programmed conventional, but nothing whatsoever from the MotoTRBO Trunked system.

What's even more curious is that when holding on the MotoTRBO Trunked system and debug logging, the log file is 0 bytes even though there were several missed voice calls.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
We have been trying to get CAP Plus fixed with Uniden for how long now? I have yet to have LCN finder do diddly on any CAP Plus, but at least am logging TG and hearing voice traffic on the ones I monitor... Can not get a SysID from one either.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Went to test the 1.16 firmware on the NXDN48 system that uses the Direct Frequency Assignment (DFA) and the new Firmware does not allow reception of this system.
I had programmed all the frequencies in with LCN of 0 to use the LCN finder. I turned on the LCN Finder through the menu and saw 0/8 LCN found. Almost immediately it said ALL LCNs Found and prompted saving. I saved it and it immediately went to 1/8 LCNs found and stayed that way for 20 minutes. While this was going on, my DSDPlus setup was following traffic so there should have been more LCNs found.
I went into the system via the menu and found that the LCN that had been assigned to the Control Channel was 20012.
I deleted that and reran the LCN Finder and the results were the same.
I scanned for a while with this odd LCN that the scanner found on the control channel and only got a quick popup for each transmission. A couple were as long as a second and I was able to see some TGIDs but they did not come close to matching the DSDPlus display. They were however, matching the radio IDs of whoever was talking but showing it as a TG.
I did not catch a Control Channel swap so I can't say if a different CC would show another strange LCN.

chris

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
We have been trying to get CAP Plus fixed with Uniden for how long now? I have yet to have LCN finder do diddly on any CAP Plus, but at least am logging TG and hearing voice traffic on the ones I monitor... Can not get a SysID from one either.

Capacity Plus systems don't have system id's.

Status
Not open for further replies.