BCD436HP/BCD536HP: lcn finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

gents i have programmed a nxdn system into my 436 and i am trying to use the lcn finder and it will not reconize the system it is a system here in ontario canada called OnQue with multiple sites i have put in the site i need but the scanner will not scan system i have checked everything and all seems right any ideas

thanks

troymail

Silent Key
Assuming you've programmed it as a NXDN trunk system, it sounds like either the control channel frequency isn't in the programming, poor reception, or maybe a RAN issue but I can only speculate.... might be something else entirely...

I900D658

i have even tried a trunk discovery using this system OnQue but when you type in the name it just say's no system found and yet i have that name in the scanner

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
i have even tried a trunk discovery using this system OnQue but when you type in the name it just say's no system found and yet i have that name in the scanner

Make sure you have the OnQue system enabled for scanning, as well as any site that you might want to run LCN Finder on. If the OnQue system is not enabled for scanning, or if it is but a site that you want to run LCN Finder on is avoided, you won't see it come up as an option in LCN Finder.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Also, are you even sure that you need to run LCN Finder. I believe the people up in CA have done a remarkable job tracking down the LCNs on that system. The site you want to monitor may already have its LCNs known.

Just go to https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8070, click on the site name that you want to monitor (for instance, Woodstock), and you'll see the LCNs for those frequencies.

Mike

I900D658

i now have the lcns but it still won't reconize the name i have put a quick key to the system that should enable it

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For the LCN finder to activate, neither the system, nor the site can be set to Avoid. Also, the Favorites list must also not be set to Avoid.

Voyager

AND any Quick Keys must be enabled for the FL, System, and/or Site.

If in doubt, try removing Quick Keys and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.