BCDx36HP Firmware 1.19.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1.19.00 Release Notes (05/11/2018)

• Fixed an issue that hangs with special Unit IDs during ID search on NXDN trunking systems
  • Modified receiving operation for NXDN DFA
  • Improved following of Cap+ Rest Channels
  • Improved CPU processing load for keypress lag
  • Modified operation for Site/Department hold

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
What are the details of the Site/Department hold modification?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There was an issue reported in the 1.18 thread regarding not being able to hold on one when the other was selected, first.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I was having trouble cycling through various sites, but that seems to be fixed as well. That is, I could hold on a site, but if I tried to scroll to a different one, nothing happened.

I just did the update and tried that. It works fine, at least on a NXDN system. I'll try it on some other types of trunking as well.

There was an issue reported in the 1.18 thread regarding not being able to hold on one when the other was selected, first.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
With a high of 77° and if I can convince my wife to stop and pick up Chinese food on her way home from the office, this will indeed be a pretty nice Firmware Friday.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Thanks UPMan for the Firmware Friday update. Hopefully this update addresses the remaining issues with the firmware. I am looking forward to the release of an updated Sentinel that supports NXDN.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
This is why I’m a fan of Uniden

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
1.19.00 Release Notes (05/11/2018)

• Fixed an issue that hangs with special Unit IDs during ID search on NXDN trunking systems
  • Modified receiving operation for NXDN DFA
  • Improved following of Cap+ Rest Channels
  • Improved CPU processing load for keypress lag
  • Modified operation for Site/Department hold

Thank you for responding to a couple issues I reported. Still seeing some minor keypress lag issues during active NXDN conversations only on my 536. If I try to Save an Alias ID, I have to either press E hard and hold, or pressing a few times to bring up the "Do you want to Save ID?" screen. Seeing same thing with pressing Avoid on NXDN conversations only. All other systems respond normally during conversation, and have been running it in ID search for past 3 hours. Analog, Aircraft, P25, MotoTRBO and One Frequency DMR. Prior to the update this morning, I cleared the SD Card so 0% is being used. Yes...I gave it a good test! The false NXDN ID issue has been resolved, and thank you for that! This scanner is kickin a**!!

nitetrain5

Premium Subscriber
Thank-you for the firmware update!! I didn't see it mentioned however is there a firmware fix in the works for the Siren app ? Specifically, all was perfect until Android's latest software update. Now everything crashes on the phone. I hope this is the appropriate way to inquire about that. Thanks Again, John

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The Site & Department hold works. How do you release the site hold? I tried F+Dept nothing happen. I had to turn off 00.07 and turn on 00.07 back on to scan again.

Voyager

F+DEPT should work. It does here. You can't "force it" (hit it twice for quick action) like you can Channel and System. You have to let it time out to change.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
F+DEPT should work. It does here. You can't "force it" (hit it twice for quick action) like you can Channel and System. You have to let it time out to change.

I did that and it works now. I do notice sometimes the 536 will have a lag maybe that's why its slow to release it.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I found that if you hold F+DEPT, it will go into Site Hold and you can scroll through the various sites to get to the one you want. Then, it will sit there for a short period of time and then lock onto that site. It works a bit differently than System or Channel Hold, but it works quite well once you figure that part out.

I don't know if that's a new mode or if I was just doing it wrong previously.

I'm also seeing almost 100% of the Alias. What seems to happen is that the UID comes up first and if the transmission is long enough, the Alias will then appear.

.19 seems to have corrected all of the previous issues. I'm very happy with it.

Voyager

I found that if you hold F+DEPT, it will go into Site Hold and you can scroll through the various sites to get to the one you want. Then, it will sit there for a short period of time and then lock onto that site. It works a bit differently than System or Channel Hold, but it works quite well once you figure that part out.

I don't know if that's a new mode or if I was just doing it wrong previously.

That's the way DEPT/SITE HOLD has always worked. (save v1.18)

As I said previously, with SYS/DEPT/CH you can hit the button twice to instantly hold. with SITE, since it's a secondary function, you have to wait for "natural" operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.