Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1.20.00 Release Notes (05/18/2018)

• Fixed odd ASCII characters issue for NXDN Alias
  • Improved CPU processing load for keypress lag
  • Modified several operations for Site/Department hold

Note: After applying new firmware, the TGID format for NXDN Trunk Systems will be set to the default (NEXEDGE type). When scanning am IDAS system, you will need to set the TGID to IDAS type again. If you do not, you can scan correctly, but the display will become NEXEDGE type.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
1.20.00 Release Notes (05/18/2018)

• Fixed odd ASCII characters issue for NXDN Alias
  • Improved CPU processing load for keypress lag
  • Modified several operations for Site/Department hold

Note: After applying new firmware, the TGID format for NXDN Trunk Systems will be set to the default (NEXEDGE type). When scanning am IDAS system, you will need to set the TGID to IDAS type again. If you do not, you can scan correctly, but the display will become NEXEDGE type.

Thanks, Paul!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Site Hold is different. I'm not sure if it's better or not yet. I'm still trying to figure out the exact key strokes to get Site Hold to turn off.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yes, but it does it a bit differently than it did before. Which I figured out. It's also easier to put Site Hold on and then scroll through sites until you find the one you want to hold. That used to be very hard to do, especially in a vehicle.

FUNC, DEPT toggles Site Hold on and off.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Well, I'd like to report that everything with this new firmware is fine, but after installing it something is amiss... my 436 is now stopping on every channel in the 160~165MHz range (railroads and some feds) and "chuffing" - bursts of squelch spaced about half a second apart. Turning the squelch up does nothing to alleviate it, neither does taking the scanner outside or even connecting to my rooftop discone. Something is definitely up.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Well, I'd like to report that everything with this new firmware is fine, but after installing it something is amiss... my 436 is now stopping on every channel in the 160~165MHz range (railroads and some feds) and "chuffing" - bursts of squelch spaced about half a second apart. Turning the squelch up does nothing to alleviate it, neither does taking the scanner outside or even connecting to my rooftop discone. Something is definitely up.

Does disconnecting the antenna make any difference?

Does your unit have C1 installed?

ur20v

Does disconnecting the antenna make any difference?

Does your unit have C1 installed?

No C1. I powered it off and back on again and the behavior stopped. Strange.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I would be inclined to say it was some type of actual interference, and just happened to stop around the time you rebooted. If it's a firmware issue, I would expect it to affect others who monitor frequencies in that range.

Did you try disconnecting the antenna? that would have given some indication whether it was a real signal or not.

ur20v

It was still chuffing when I detached the antenna and connected the coax for the discone.

freqseeker

No C1. I powered it off and back on again and the behavior stopped. Strange.

I have noted strange behavior after updating firmware before. I noticed a couple of times right after reboot from firmware update that the signal strength indicator is lower than normal and poor or no receive on P25 and DMR (not on the same update). The response here was that the signal strength indicator is not accurate and should not be considered. The point is power cycling the radio after initial firmware update reboot makes everything normal again.
I now power cycle my radios after initial firmware update reboot. Since doing that I have not noticed any strange behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.