BCDx36hP Centered Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
So I know this isn't a current feature but for mobile use it would be really useful to be able to set a setting to center the channel names. I have tried to do it with the various software that says it can do it but it's still sort of tedious to align each channel just right. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this could be useful. Maybe just am option for the profile in Sentinel to say "Channel name alignment" and then chose left or center. This way the scanner could dynamical center the text based on its width. Just thought maybe I would mention it and see if anyone else would like to see this.

lou9155

ive tried doing it in sentinel...omg so tedious...sometimes it works sometimes not. .your right its easier to read when centered

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have tried to do it with the various software that says it can do it but it's still sort of tedious to align each channel just right.
If you tried ProScan text tags alignment, what was tedious about it? I'm always looking for ways to improve ProScan so looking forward to your comments.

Attachments

• Text Tags.png
    Text Tags.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 201

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
If you tried ProScan text tags alignment, what was tedious about it? I'm always looking for ways to improve ProScan so looking forward to your comments.

Yes, I do like ProScan and it's becoming my main programming software quickly. My experience with the centering is that it pushes the text way to the right and most is off screen. I ended up having to get one channel name centered and then use it to align the rest. It could always be how I'm doing it. I typically type in the names of all the channels and then I tried the center tool on that node of channels. It didn't seem to matter how long the channel text was it always pushed it to the same amount of space from the left. Which caused it to run off the screen. This is on the 536.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I do like ProScan and it's becoming my main programming software quickly. My experience with the centering is that it pushes the text way to the right and most is off screen. I ended up having to get one channel name centered and then use it to align the rest. It could always be how I'm doing it. I typically type in the names of all the channels and then I tried the center tool on that node of channels. It didn't seem to matter how long the channel text was it always pushed it to the same amount of space from the left. Which caused it to run off the screen. This is on the 536.

I see what's happening. The BCD436HP & BCD536HP Favorites file structure is exactly the same however the BCD436HP text tags max length is 24 and the BCD536HP max is 36. ProScan was calculating the spaces needed for center justification not on the BCD436HP format of 24 chars max.

I will change the choices as follows:

Center Justify BCD536HP Format (36 Characters Wide)
Center Justify BCD436HP Format (24 Characters Wide)

{edit} email me for the latest and greatest ProScan file.

Last edited:

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Ah ok. I’ll certainly give it a try when you release it and see how it goes. Look forward to it. Thanks for reaching out and looking into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.