SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware F/W 1.02.02M / 1.01.03S Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. That firmware version looks weird!

The SDS100 has two processors, a main and a sub. So, each can (and often do) get updated at the same time.

This update just cleans up some debugging stuff and puts final touches on the firmware for things we were still working on while the first batch were being produced. So, no detailed list of changes...you should immediately update to this version when you get your scanner.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Firmware Thursday???
Do we still get Firmware Friday for x36? :D

milcom_chaser

Was there mention in the threads about this radio regarding IF Filtering scheme? Does it use the same design as the 536HP?

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
What is an SC200???

Edit: Never mind, I looked it up. I was hoping it was an accidental glimpse into the future of Uniden...

Last edited:

K9JLR

Has there been a change with something on the Uniden server re: this download?

I have the latest Sentinel software and tried to update today, but when I use Sentinel to try and pull the latest firmware version, it is telling me the current version is up to date (Per the scanner's own information screen, the main version is currently 1.02.03, Sub version is currently 1.01.03).

Sentinel is set to SDS 100 for target model.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

I have the latest Sentinel software and tried to update today, but when I use Sentinel to try and pull the latest firmware version, it is telling me the current version is up to date (Per the scanner's own information screen, the main version is currently 1.02.03, Sub version is currently 1.01.03).

Did you verify that Sentinel is set to a target device of SDS100? I'm not 100% sure that'd be an issue but something worth checking...

EDIT: Looks like Paul just posted a beta fw version but it doesn't look like it's through Sentinel and is purely side load so I'm not sure that would affect anything.

Last edited:

K9JLR

Did you verify that Sentinel is set to a target device of SDS100? I'm not 100% sure that'd be an issue but something worth checking...

EDIT: Looks like Paul just posted a beta fw version but it doesn't look like it's through Sentinel and is purely side load so I'm not sure that would affect anything.

Ah, that would explain it..I was trying to go through Sentinel!

trp2525

I noticed an issue with this new version of Sentinel 2.00 (revision 05). When I select "Update" then "Update Firmware" and then select "Info" it no longer displays the current firmware version of the scanner. It simply says "Firmware x.xx" while it did display the actual firmware version number properly with the previous version of Sentinel (2.00 revision 02). (BTW in case you are wondering my SDS100 is actually at the latest/newest firmware version 1.02.03 when I get the information from the screen on the scanner itself.)

Everything else displays properly in the Info screen including Model Name (SDS100), ESN, Database (06/11/2018) and Sub CPU (1.01.03). Something may have gotten broken in this new Sentinel version revision 05 when retrieving the Firmware version number from the scanner.

K9JLR

I noticed an issue with this new version of Sentinel 2.00 (revision 05). When I select "Update" then "Update Firmware" and then select "Info" it no longer displays the current firmware version of the scanner. It simply says "Firmware x.xx" while it did display the actual firmware version number properly with the previous version of Sentinel (2.00 revision 02). (BTW in case you are wondering my SDS100 is actually at the latest/newest firmware version 1.02.03 when I get the information from the screen on the scanner itself.)

Everything else displays properly in the Info screen including Model Name (SDS100), ESN, Database (06/11/2018) and Sub CPU (1.01.03). Something may have gotten broken in this new Sentinel version revision 05 when retrieving the Firmware version number from the scanner.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I opened the scanner this morning and updated to the newest Sentinel prior to trying to load the newest firmware, so apparently Sentinel is not allowing a pull of that last firmware update.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
pardon my ignorance, but can someone point me to where this latest firmware can be obtained and how to "side load" it?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The latest firmware is not a beta, and can be loaded through Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.