SDS100 Scanning Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriswc

Premium Subscriber
Just got the SDS100 scanner but having issues scanning on it. I loaded a number of favourites with sentinel however when I load the favourite lists it scans but does not pick up anything. I have ensured the service types are all selected. I have only been able to scan p25 phase II system successfully.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Turn off your favorite lists and turn on the main database, and set range for 5 miles. Do you get anything then?

chriswc

Premium Subscriber
Turn off your favorite lists and turn on the main database, and set range for 5 miles. Do you get anything then?

I tried the main database last night and still wasn’t getting anything. I will try again tonight. It’s strange it’s only picking up stuff from one system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chriswc

Premium Subscriber
Menu..Set Scan Selection...Select Lists to Monitor. Double check settings.

Already have all the lists selected. I can scan and hold on different talkgroups but am not receiving anything on those talk groups. Any specific settings you suggest looking at ? Thanks

jasonhouk

I tried the main database last night and still wasn’t getting anything. I will try again tonight. It’s strange it’s only picking up stuff from one system.

What's your location and exactly what systems are you attempting to monitor?

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

chriswc

Premium Subscriber
In Canada. I have loaded a couple of the EMS talkgroups and a couple of other system

jasonhouk

Canada is very large and "a couple of other systems" is to vague in an attempt to help you.

Houk
In Canada. I have loaded a couple of the EMS talkgroups and a couple of other system

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Already have all the lists selected. I can scan and hold on different talkgroups but am not receiving anything on those talk groups. Any specific settings you suggest looking at ? Thanks

Make sure you assigned a Quick Key number to each system, and they are activated.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Just got the SDS100 scanner but having issues scanning on it. I loaded a number of favourites with sentinel however when I load the favourite lists it scans but does not pick up anything. I have ensured the service types are all selected. I have only been able to scan p25 phase II system successfully.

Yeah - as others asked - where are you? Province - county?

AND have you updated the firmware and database?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Make sure the "service types" you're trying to monitor are turned on.

i.e. EMS Dispatch, EMS-Tach.

When the scanners come new, a bunch of them are default to off.

chriswc

Premium Subscriber
Make sure the "service types" you're trying to monitor are turned on.

i.e. EMS Dispatch, EMS-Tach.

When the scanners come new, a bunch of them are default to off.

I have already enabled all the service types. It’s quite strange I can load the favourite lists and hold on specific talkgroups but do not receive anything. I can only hear things on one system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I have already enabled all the service types. It’s quite strange I can load the favourite lists and hold on specific talkgroups but do not receive anything. I can only hear things on one system.

When you press Scan, you're seeing "Nothing to Scan"? The good news is it sounds like it's programmed in. Make sure everything has a Favorite List number assigned. You previously stated all Scan Lists are enabled, Service Types all enabled. Have you previously programmed with 36xp scanners?

chriswc

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed on a 436hp before. Currently it’s out for repair for the clock battery so I can’t see if it is just the SDS100 that is having the issue picking up anything.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed on a 436hp before. Currently it’s out for repair for the clock battery so I can’t see if it is just the SDS100 that is having the issue picking up anything.

One thing I quickly discovered I didn't need was my Atteunator. It wiped out many of my digital systems and used it frequently on my 436 & 536.

Cantafordit

Hi Chriswc, Did you ever get a solution to this issue, I am having the very same problem. The scanner worked fine for a few weeks and now it scans my favorites but never stops at anything. I have even keyed a PMR radio right next to it and it just keeps scanning. I am in Ireland so the database is no use to me and sending it back for repair would be a pain. I hope there is an easy solution.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
The first thing you should always do if you are having reception issues is to update your database and write it to scanner.

try the full database and see if you are getting things now. If you are, remake your favorites list and write that over.

If this does not help, Give us a call at 1-800-297-1023

Status
Not open for further replies.