SDS100: Is anyone else....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Is anyone else having degraded EDACS performance compared to their x36HP? My SDS100 is clipping off the beginning of some transmissions and flat out missing others. It's so bad that I'm only getting RIDs about half of the time. I'm running the exact same profile that I use with my 436HP - I haven't enabled Close Call or anything else that would alter performance.

A mixed analog/digital system (Sarasota) that I travel through was also exhibiting the clipping and missing transmissions, but not near as bad as the EDACS system (Hillsborough County, FL).

The SDS100 is doing fairly well with LSM, but that's about all that it's doing well, as far as trunked systems go. I'm wondering if I have a defective unit.

jfr454

Yes,
while scanning the City of Hartford, CT system which is an 800mhz analog EDACS system the SDS100 is deaf to several transmissions while my 396XT is picking them up. Running both radios side by side same antenna, RS800 with Uniden BNC adapters.
I was beginning to wonder the same thing...

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Phew, that's a relief. Hate that you're having problems too, but I was beginning to lose my mind. At least it's not just me.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Same problems here compared to my 436. So far, I’m appreciating how well my 436 performs. Had no idea how great a radio it is.until I got the SDS100. Really like the SDS100’s display and build quality. Speaker and performance thus far, not so much.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
What is the proper course of action here? Try to contact Paul or call Uniden directly?

kikito

Premium Subscriber
What is the proper course of action here? Try to contact Paul or call Uniden directly?

(Trying to stay neutral here without taking sides)...

You could also take what UPMan said as neither is necessary because they know about it and they’re working on it?

Either way maybe you could submit a ticket to Uniden Support or something I’m guessing...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Uniden had numerous beta testers doing exactly that. But a limited number of testers can't find every possible problem.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
You could also take what UPMan said as neither is necessary because they know about it and they’re working on it?

I believe you are spot-on. Paul keeps close tabs on reports such of this, and while he may not say much right away, I am sure any concerns we have are on his list and looked into.

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
I'm having problems with Albany NY's Capital Digitronics EDACS systems for Troy PD also with my SDS100. It's basically deaf while my TRX-1 and BCD325P2 hums right along.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gents, this thread was started so users can compare notes on a possible issue with scanning EDACS systems.

If you want to discuss other issues, find another thread or start one of your own.

Thanks.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
No problem with the NYCOMCO EDACS in Orange County NY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdeverett

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, Tapatalk app! What system in Sarasota FL are you talking about. I will be testing my SDS100 in that area the next several days.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdeverett

Premium Subscriber
Bolt21, I’ll let you know on both those systems of what I get on my SDS100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Living off the North end of DFW airport at 8.7 miles my 536 will pickup the weak signal (RSSI -110) better than my SDS100. SDS100 does fine when parked at the North observation area.

I'm speculating the recovered signal differs between radio designs and needs a little more tweaking for the SDS100.

Mike

This system--> https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=25

Status
Not open for further replies.