Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1.23.00 Release Notes (06/12/2018)

• Modified LCN finder for DMR
  • Modified RAS detection for Capacity Plus
Note that LCN finder on DMR system using RAS will not be 100% reliable, since there is no error detection on RAS systems. You might need to run several times, noting the results each time, then selecting the LCN based on all results.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Firmware Tuesday!

Update went great! Thanks for improving the LCN finder UPMan and Uniden!

I use LCN finder a lot on my BCD436HP in St. Louis, MO.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Don't forget to update the full database. NXDN systems are now included!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I was Jonesing for an update. ;)

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget to update the full database. NXDN systems are now included!
Hello,

Great! I got in under the wire with the NXDN update for my SDS-100!

Thanks for the update. I am waiting for the fixes to be implemented in the SDS-100 firmware after they settle down.

73 Eric

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I updated the new fw. On 536 it's seeing Con and holding before the other fw the Con was missing on a trunk system. I haven't done and lcn lately since I don't have many systems that are not new.

mrkelso

3 radios updated with 0 glitches

Attachments

• IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 3,429

dallascowboys

1.23.00 Realease

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Did I miss something or is my Sentinel messed up, I do not see some NXDN for some of the counties around me here in Houston Co. Alabama, like Geneva Co Bellwood VFD etc. is the RR Data Base now have NXDN in it , I have the BCD436HP can someone help me on this matter thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
A link to the NXDN system in the RadioReference database that you say is not importing into Sentinel.

W5RGP

Link to a specific system ? like the digital frequency search, if not what kind of system are we talking about I am not that good with computers. Thanks for the response

Don’t base nxdn systems in your area based on anything you get from digitalfreaquencysearch
I have seen tons of errors in his info that comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I am having that open squelch glitch back on my 536HP. After about 5 minutes it will open up, usually on an AM channel. Started right after the update.

Never mind. I re-uploaded the complete database and favourites and the problem hasn't re-occurred. Fingers crossed..

Last edited:

dallascowboys

Don’t base nxdn systems in your area based on anything you get from digitalfreaquencysearch
I have seen tons of errors in his info that comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What system do I use so I may listen to NXDN in my area than ? like I said I am not good with computers and I do not understand why NXDN is not showing up in the counties around me like Geneva Henry, Houston, Covington, Crenshaw etc. what exactly did I pay money for if the NXDN system is not in Sentinel ?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
What system do I use so I may listen to NXDN in my area than ? like I said I am not good with computers and I do not understand why NXDN is not showing up in the counties around me like Geneva Henry, Houston, Covington, Crenshaw etc. what exactly did I pay money for if the NXDN system is not in Sentinel ?

NXDN systems in the RadioReference database are now in Sentinel.

Digital frequency search shows licenses, not actual systems. A company may license a frequency for analog and NXDN, and never switch over to NXDN. Systems in the RR database have been verified by users to be actively used.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Well, this is a bit weird. I'll try to describe, but might have to resort to creating a log.

I have a NXDN trunk system on UHF and a MotoTrbo system on 900 that seem to be interacting somehow.

This is on a 536HP with both upgrades.

When scanning the NXDN system and finding the control channel, all works as it should. The scanner then moves to the MotoTrbo system and shows the control channel for the last NXDN site. The continues as the scanner moves from site to site on the MotoTrbo system.

If I hold on a site on the MotoTrbo system then scroll to another site, the system behaves normally. When I release the Site Hold, the scanner reverts to the odd behavior on the next pass of the MotoTrbo system.

I uploaded the MotoTrbo and NXDN systems into ARC536. The only oddity I found in either is that I had somehow forgot to put the Color Code in for two sites on the MotoTrbo system. Both sites were set to Search. I corrected that by putting in the correct CC and loading both systems back on to the SD Card.

Once reinstalled in my truck, the scanner seemed to work normally. I did the same with my 436HP, but since that scanner doesn't display the control channel frequency, I don't know if it's corrected. I don know that I'm not seeing "CON" on any of the sites. Since I'm about three air miles from one site and can receive it on my SDR set up, I know the frequency is right.

I have a different MotoTrbo system that has all of the Color Codes programmed correctly and that works fine. I wonder if it's somehow related to the Color Code search?

Again, a weird issue. Has anyone else seen anything like that?

ETA: I might have stumbled on the answer. I was looking at the settngs on the MotoTrbo system and discovered that the digital threshold had somehow changed to MANUAL and 0. ARC536 allows Manual settings down to 0, even though Sentinel doesn't. I looked at that same system in Sentinel and found that the settings were correct. Hmmmm. I last loaded that system using ARC536, but I don't have any idea of how that setting changed. I wrote the system back into the scanner with the correct settings and at least on my 436HP it seems to be working better. I'm seeing "CON" on the two closest sites to me, which is about how it should work.

More reloading and testing on the mobile in the morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.