SDS100/SDS200: Registration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I just received and registered my SDS100 at my.uniden.com.

Two questions:
1. I didn't see any fields on the registration page for mailing or shipping address information that would presumably be needed to receive the bigger battery. Does anyone know how Uniden plans to ship those batteries to us?
2. I couldn't register the radio's electronic serial number or check sum in order to purchase the DMR/NXDN/ProVoice keys. The two fields (one for a portion of the electronic serial number, and the other for the last nine digits of the s/n and the check sum) only accepted limited input. Does this mean those keys aren't yet available for the SDS100?

Thanks!
-Johnnie

W5RGP

I just received and registered my SDS100 at my.uniden.com.

Two questions:
1. I didn't see any fields on the registration page for mailing or shipping address information that would presumably be needed to receive the bigger battery. Does anyone know how Uniden plans to ship those batteries to us?
2. I couldn't register the radio's electronic serial number or check sum in order to purchase the DMR/NXDN/ProVoice keys. The two fields (one for a portion of the electronic serial number, and the other for the last nine digits of the s/n and the check sum) only accepted limited input. Does this mean those keys aren't yet available for the SDS100?

Thanks!
-Johnnie

go to edit my user account your address and such is entered there

and you enter the complete serial number on back of scanner
then save go out of that screen then back in it will tell you to only enter about the last 8 or so of the serial number found under the info screen on scanner itself
and then the 4 digit checksum

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks! I'll give that a try right now.

On the scanner -- Menu --> Settings --> See Scanner Information --> Firmware version

Where it shows the SN, mine has 38326#########-###. When I registered the scanner, I only put in the 9-digit ######### at Uniden.

Then when I went to buy the upgrades, there were two lines for the SN. The first line takes the 9-digit ( 38326#########-### ) and the second line takes the 3-digit ( 38326#########-### )

It seems that the Uniden site already knew that the first five digits of the SN listed in the Firmware section was 38326, because i didn't enter it and it still shows on the Uniden site.

Mike

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Mike.

I got it to work and have downloaded the ProVoice, DMR, and NXDN updates.

I don't do some of this stuff often enough to maintain my proficiency!

-Johnnie

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I am having extreme difficulties even trying to get Sentinel. I have gotten as far as a username and password. I see no where to register the product and it will not allow me to click on downloads. Been working at it for about 45 minutes. Anyone have a link to how to get Sentinel Or can tell me how to do it. I would like to register the product too and get on the list for the new battery. I just keep getting roadblocks on uniden.com. I want to program the radio but can't get Sentinel.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I urge you at go the Uniden site and check “my user account”.

Initial MyUniden page (after logging in), click on the "Edit My User Account" on the right side, under 'My Uniden Links'.

I moved 6 years ago and during that time I bought both the 436HP & SDS100. Registered them & purchased the DMR & NXDN upgrade for both too.

When I checked my info a couple of days ago it was from BEFORE I moved.

When I changed it I soon received an e-mail from Uniden stating that my account info had been changed (a security measure).

So, the mistake was mine for assuming that after entering all that info Uniden would know where I lived now, but like all companies there is way to change your info and I just used it for the first time a couple days ago.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help I've Gotten as far as registering the product I assume the serial number is the number under the battery. There was a z in the number. There are two other numbers to the right of that they are asking for what are they and where do I find them? Thanks for your help it's been over an hour trying to do this and I do want to program the radio to see if it works.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Additional numbers are ESN and checksum from scanner settings info menu.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Okay so I found the SN number and the other two numbers that are in scanner info are 2 firmware numbers Main and sub. Let's see if I'm able to put that stuff in. I didn't think this was going to be so difficult just to register the radio. I don't have the time for this and wish that I could have just programed the radio already. Thanks for your help I expect I'm going to hit more roadblocks here

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Okay so I could not get the whole ESN number in the field it stopped me before I could finish. Any ideas how I can get the whole number in there or does it stop at some point and I shouldn't put all the numbers in? And I know you know this question was going to come. What is a checksum number and where do I find it. This is going on for an hours and I'm getting ready to pack the damn thing up and send it back. I am not a Uniden user for years. We just filled out a card and send it in. I use an apx 7000 because of LSM. If anybody can walk me through this I would really like to get Sentinel so I can program this radio.

MFCJR

If you just want the sentinel click on the second link that UPMan posted above under uniden.com and go down to where it says Downloads. Click that on and download sentinel from there.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I urge you at go the Uniden site and check “my user account”.

Initial MyUniden page (after logging in), click on the "Edit My User Account" on the right side, under 'My Uniden Links'.

I moved 6 years ago and during that time I bought both the 436HP & SDS100. Registered them & purchased the DMR & NXDN upgrade for both too.

When I checked my info a couple of days ago it was from BEFORE I moved.

When I changed it I soon received an e-mail from Uniden stating that my account info had been changed (a security measure).

So, the mistake was mine for assuming that after entering all that info Uniden would know where I lived now, but like all companies there is way to change your info and I just used it for the first time a couple days ago.

Same here. I just registered my SDS100 and when I went to check my address, it was my old address from 4 1/2 years ago. If I hadn't checked, whoever is living in my old apartment nowadays would wonder why they were getting a Uniden battery and battery door. :eek: LOL!!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Okay so I could not get the whole ESN number in the field it stopped me before I could finish. Any ideas how I can get the whole number in there or does it stop at some point and I shouldn't put all the numbers in? And I know you know this question was going to come. What is a checksum number and where do I find it.

ESN is the numbers before the dash.

Checksum is the 3 digits after.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Thank you MFC I did see Paul's link to the product page which I have already been to numerous times. When I click on downloads it lights up red and does not open. That's why I thought I had to register. I don't have any other products registered and this is my first time on the site. If anybody can help here cuz I am at the point where I'm going to pack up the radio and send it back. I am not able to register the first number goes in from the back of the scanner. It will not allow me to put the whole ESN number in from scanner info and I don't know what those other three numbers required are or where to find them. The only other thing in scanner info is firmware numbers. Does anyone have a direct link to Sentinel other than what's on the download page on uniden.com since that will not open for me. I've been at this all day wanting to program my radio and I can't get Sentinel. I'm not familiar with Uniden products as I use the apx 7000 because of LSM. Anybody that can help before I packed this sucker up and send it back would be really appreciated. I need to register to get the battery upgrade but if I can at least get Sentinel I can get started programming.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Jon I just saw your post. Thank you I hope if I register I will be able to get access to downloads not to buy anything but just get Sentinel. I will try that now.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You don't need to register anything to get Sentinel. The direct download link is in post #7.

But you should register to get the free high capacity battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.