SDS100/SDS200: Sds100 missed comms related to close call feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

racing1

When using close call priority the RSSI meter blanks out a lot and many comms are missed/interrupted. But when close call is OFF or set to DND. The scanner works fine. I'm on official stable firmware [no beta]. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's normal. Priority stops everything, even if a transmission is in progress, and checks Close Call. DND only checks Close Call when no transmission is being received.

racing1

That's normal. Priority stops everything, even if a transmission is in progress, and checks Close Call. DND only checks Close Call when no transmission is being received.
But the audio cuts out every other second. With no nearby transmissions trying to be received.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's just the way Priority works. Even if a transmission is in progress, the scanner will drop it and check for close call hits every 2 seconds.

racing1

That's just the way Priority works. Even if a transmission is in progress, the scanner will drop it and check for close call hits every 2 seconds.
Why is it also doing this DND mode?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It doesn't. If transmissions are cutting out, you have weather priority or priority scan turned on.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Menu \ Priority Scan \ Set Priority
Menu \ WX Operation \ WX Alt Priority
Both should be OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.