Sentinel for BCDx36HP and SDS100 v2.00.08 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
2.00.05 --> 2.00.08

• Corrected to show the main and sub firmware versions for SDS100 and to show the Wi-Fi module version for BCD536HP
  • Changed to show the Soft keys and Avoid keys in reverse, as they show on the scanner.
  • Added options to export and import display customization settings for sharing with other users or archiving display variations.
  • Changed so that certain profile options are hidden depending on the selected model.
  • Added warning that model-specific options could be lost and prompt to save as new profile when reading from scanner.
  • Added Unit ID Name 1-4 to the display customizer. Each field shows 16 characters of the Unit ID.

Last edited by a moderator:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
2.00.05 --> 2.00.08

• Corrected to show the main and sub firmware versions for SDS100 and to show the Wi-Fi module version for BCD536HP
  • Changed to show the Soft keys and Avoid keys in reverse, as they show on the scanner.
  • Added options to export and import display customization settings for sharing with other users or archiving display variations.
  • Changed so that certain profile options are hidden depending on the selected model.
  • Added warning that model-specific options could be lost and prompt to save as new profile when reading from scanner.
  • Added Unit ID Name 1-4 to the display customizer. Each field shows 16 characters of the Unit ID.

Link?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel, do either Update Database or Update Firmware and you'll get a pop-up.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Should have opened your default browser and opened the page. I've tried it with multiple browsers set as default and it always worked (IE, Firefox, Chrome...). What browser is your default?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
No popup when I had target model set to SDS100 for Sentinel update. Downloaded link and it's ok here. I was able to download the update using the older Sentinel just no popup to update Sentinel.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Works fine here, with either SDS100 or BCDx36HP selected as the target.

Opens the download page in the default browser.

bearcat

2.00.05 --> 2.00.08

Would you consider eliminating the need to have something in the CHANNEL NAME? The display of data from DMR and NXDN systems is not possible due to the need for Channel Name to be populated.

Please consider this for a future update

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Would you consider eliminating the need to have something in the CHANNEL NAME? The display of data from DMR and NXDN systems is not possible due to the need for Channel Name to be populated.

That makes no sense. You can display the channel name and a wide variety of other data. Have you looked at the Detail View tabs???

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

Please consider this for a future update

Thanks

I've found that you can accomplish this by copying a blank cell from a speadsheet & pasting it in the label and then quickly hitting save before Sentinel has its temper tantrum about the blank field. :)

BigC801

That makes no sense. You can display the channel name and a wide variety of other data. Have you looked at the Detail View tabs???

I think he was talking about it for the 436/536, If you leave the name field blank it will show all the info for a DMR channel. but by default Sentinel does not allow a name filed to be blank.

I've found that you can accomplish this by copying a blank cell from a speadsheet & pasting it in the label and then quickly hitting save before Sentinel has its temper tantrum about the blank field. :)

Yes that is what I have done too, works well, once you have a blank one in Sentinel you can then copy that one and paste.

bearcat

I think he was talking about it for the 436/536, If you leave the name field blank it will show all the info for a DMR channel. but by default Sentinel does not allow a name filed to be blank.

Yes that is what I have done too, works well, once you have a blank one in Sentinel you can then copy that one and paste.
I have done the cut/paste trick also, but that gets to be a pain with hundreds of freqs. I does not seem that big of a deal to allow the Channel Name to be BLANK.

dollar

Premium Subscriber
SENTINEL - too bad it doesn't assist centering labels etc

Most scanner software makes it easy to center labels and other info to make the scanner screen more readable. Can this feature be added to Sentinel in a future update?

Status
Not open for further replies.