UBC3500XLT - Selfmade Cable Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graf_von_Berg

Hey Guys, at first sorry for my, maybe bad English ;)

I have the UBX 3500 XLT and i like to try to connect to my PC, I use a normal Cable with the 4 Pin for the Scanner and an Usb to Serial Profilic Cable for the PC. I connected the Cables (red to red and so one), put it in the Scanner and in the PC.. Turn on the Scanner, start BcTools and.....

nothing... i get an error that maybe the Baudrate is not the same but in the BcTool an "Geräte Manager" is all the same, ComPort 5, Port 19200, in the Scanner too..

Is my selfmade Cable not usable? Is that a wrong driver? I dont know :(

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I moved your post here for better visibility.

Ubbe

For some reason they didn't include the programming cable with the UBC3500 but they did with the BCT15. It is one of the best analog scanners you can get and it is only something like €200 new and €100 second hand. If you don't have one I really recommend getting a BCT15 or BCT15x, with a programming cable included that also fit the UBC3500.

/Ubbe

Graf_von_Berg

Thx for your answers, i found another 4 Pin Hirose Cable and have try to change the Cables, normal USB has: RED = DC, White = RXD, Green = TXD and Black = Ground... But Uniden has Red = RXD, Green = TXD, Black = Ground and White = CTS....

My Serial to USB Adapter is an Prolific Cable...
In which color do I have to connect the cables now?

I try to change red to white, but nothing happens, my PC have the Prolific on Port 10, but to the Scanner is nothing :(

Thanks for Reading ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.