Quick key question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Is this expected behavior for Quick keys or am I doing something wrong.

BCD436HP 1.23

I have a Favorite list as follows

Favorite1 download and monitor are ON FL quick key (FQK) is 20 no avoids
System1 P25 trunk quick key (SQK) is 0 no avoids
Site0 quick key (S/DQK) 0 no avoid
Site1 quick key (S/DQK) 1 avoid ON
Site2 quick key (S/DQK) 2 avoid ON
Site3 quick key (S/DQK) 3 avoid ON
Site4 quick key (S/DQK) 4 avoid ON

I am trying to have the system start up with just Site0 being monitored unless I want the others
I have tried no avoids on all sites with the same result

When I download the FL to the scanner Favorite1 shows ON for monitoring yet no monitoring of the system happens.

I have to hit 20.0 and it then shows 20.0 QK on and starts monitoring and works as expected after that?

Is there a way to set 20.0 ON to start? I must be missing something.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Quick Keys Status tab in Profile Editor (for favorite list quick keys) and Favorite List Editor (for systems, sites, and departments).

phask

Premium Subscriber
No real reason for having a site QK and having AVOID=ON, use one or the other.

Is this expected behavior for Quick keys or am I doing something wrong.

BCD436HP 1.23

I have a Favorite list as follows

Favorite1 download and monitor are ON FL quick key (FQK) is 20 no avoids
System1 P25 trunk quick key (SQK) is 0 no avoids
Site0 quick key (S/DQK) 0 no avoid
Site1 quick key (S/DQK) 1 avoid ON
Site2 quick key (S/DQK) 2 avoid ON
Site3 quick key (S/DQK) 3 avoid ON
Site4 quick key (S/DQK) 4 avoid ON

I am trying to have the system start up with just Site0 being monitored unless I want the others
I have tried no avoids on all sites with the same result

When I download the FL to the scanner Favorite1 shows ON for monitoring yet no monitoring of the system happens.

I have to hit 20.0 and it then shows 20.0 QK on and starts monitoring and works as expected after that?

Is there a way to set 20.0 ON to start? I must be missing something.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I have avoid on because then I do not have to turn them off when I load that config. I want them OFF by default and only on if I do a 20.0.1 etc. I want 20.0.0 on all the time. I just don't understand why when I load the config I have to enable 20.0 specifically it should be on monitoring site0 by default.

Everything is checked in the status tab

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have avoid on because then I do not have to turn them off when I load that config. I want them OFF by default and only on if I do a 20.0.1 etc. I want 20.0.0 on all the time. I just don't understand why when I load the config I have to enable 20.0 specifically it should be on monitoring site0 by default.

Everything is checked in the status tab

I have a similar setup (6 sites) I always load just 1 site, and mine always loads the same through power cycles.

Set it HOW you want then read the radio, then save the profile. That should work, but no gurantees.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
It works once set through power cycle and appears startup config loads. It does not work if I make a change and reload the FL then I have to do a 20.0.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
FL on/off is not the same as AVOID on/off. What you should do is leave the FLs unavoided and set the QK status to off for those sites you want the QK to be disabled by default.

To be scanned, the site must be unavoided and its QK (if assigned) must be on.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
jonwienke's advice in post #2 is what I do and am happy with the results. I tried the Avoid business, but to get things going, too many button presses were needed.

I believe you'll find using Quick Keys and setting them On or Off by default to be very helpful.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I have tried with the avoids off. I understand quick keys. I have tried status both ways. My problem is after writing an updated or new favorite list to the scanner System1 is not ON I must enable it by using the quick keys (20.0). After doing this it works fine until the next write scanner. I am asking why System1 is not enabled after a write scanner when Favorite1 shows monitored and QK status for system1 is On.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Favorite or System Quick Key is off in Sentinel. You have to check in both the profile editor and the favorite list editor.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I created a new FL to duplicate the system in question and that worked. After comparing the two a few times system1 sqk 0 was the only check box unchecked. Fixing that fixed the original FL and it works as expected. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I think I am going to make a sentinel suggestion. Instead of all the boxes with check marks there is an option to color code them green for on and red for off....

Status
Not open for further replies.