Dmr key install

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
DMR Key Install

I was not able to find any reference to my question so I apologize if this is a repeat question. I purchased the DMR key from the Uniden web site. How do I unlock the SDS100 with the key? Is this something I must do through the sentinel software?

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
This has to be done manually with the scanner.

MENU
SETTINGS
UPGRADE
UPGRADE DMR

Now enter all the digits and dashes by rotating the “scroll Knob”

Use the 4 and 6 keys to move the cursor forward or back or follow the instructions on your scanner screen for the SDS100..

When all digits and dashes have been entered push down on the scroll Knob or press the "E / Yes" key to enter the entire Key code.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I was not able to find any reference to my question so I apologize if this is a repeat question. I purchased the DMR key from the Uniden web site. How do I unlock the SDS100 with the key? Is this something I must do through the sentinel software?
No, it can't be done thru Sentinel.

On the SDS100:
Press Menu

At the main Menu screen, rotate the scroll know counter-clockwise one click, which takes you to the bottom of the menu screen, to Settings
Press E (yes/enter) to select it
Scroll down to Upgrade, and press E to select
At the next screen, you'll see links for the three upgrade options, ProVoice, DMR, and NXDN
Highlight DMR & press E to select.
At the key input screen, use the scroll knob to input the characters of the key. These are numbers and letters from A to F, with a "-" (dash) between the groups. Enter all characters & numbers, including the dashes. On the SDS100, the right or left arrows are the 'soft keys' just below the display, instead of the 4 & 6 keys used on the x36HP series as well as the 325P2 and 996P2.

DO NOT PRESS the E (enter) key until you have entered all of the characters of the key. If you hit it prematurely, you'll get an "invalid key" message & have to start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.