SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.05.00M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/PartnerWeb/SDS100-Beta/SDS-100_V1_05_00M_V1_01_05S.zip

To apply this public beta, unzip the above file and put the two files in the scanner's firmware directory then reboot the scanner. Note that the sub-processor version did not change for this beta...it is included here for those who may not have applied a previous beta.

Release Notes:
1. Fixed Site NAC operation for compared NACs.
2. Fixed digital end code detection for Motorola systems.
3. Modified the voice channel termination method for P25 Phase 1 systems

Regarding Site NAC Operation:

You can select (use or ignore) Site NAC of P25 Trunked Systems (including P25 OFT) in RRDB and Favorites Lists. When we added NAC support, we did not anticipate that the NAC would be incorrect in RRDB for many sites. This has caused many reports that the scanner stopped working with the new firmware (it was actually working correctly and rejecting the site traffic with the "incorrect" NAC). So, we've added an option to ignore the programmed NAC.

MENU-->Settings-->Site NAC Operation

When you set to ignore, the scanner will pass all traffic, even if the programmed NAC does not match the received NAC. If the NAC does not match, the CTCSS/DCS/NAC field in the display will show "NAC:xxxh xxxh" (Display two NACs simultaneously.)

The first xxxh is the incorrect (dB setting) NAC, and the 2nd xxxh flashes the received NAC.

We hope that this will help to facilitate getting corrected information into RRDB.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD.

If you have a question, use either an existing other topic or create a new one. Keep this thread reserved for actual performance reports and test results.

If you see an operational issue that you wish to report, use the following format:

1) Clearly describe the issue.
2) Link to the specific system exhibiting the issue.
3) Report the RSSI, NOISE, and D-Error values (if applicable).
4) Attach a log file taken while the issue occurs.

To make a log file:

a) Isolate your scan list to the bare minimum needed to demonstrate the issue.
b) Hold AVOID while powering on the scanner.
c) MENU --> SETTINGS --> SET Debug Log Mode --> SD Card (File)
d) Let the scanner scan long enough to catch the issue.
e) MENU --> SETTINGS --> SET Debug Log Mode --> Off

The resulting log is in the scanner's debug folder.

It can also be helpful for you to post the HPE file of the Favorites List you used to create the log. Export the FL in Sentinel and add it to your report.

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
I have the new beta firmware loaded and so far its doing well. I have not noticed the dropped/missed comms on phase 1 & 2 systems like i was getting on the previous beta. Previous beta i was getting only parts of the transmissions. The fixes they made with this new beta may have fixed my issue. I will update further but so far so good.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed the past few FW updates when I use the sd card to computer and put back in scanner it does the first fw update no problem when it goes to the sub update it gives a error 57.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Unless this is your first open beta, the sub update has already been applied. Error probably means version to be installed is the same as the installed version. If you already have 1.01.05S, you don't need to copy that one to the firmware directory.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Unless this is your first open beta, the sub update has already been applied. Error probably means version to be installed is the same as the installed version. If you already have 1.01.05S, you don't need to copy that one to the firmware directory.

Okay I wasn't too sure if that SUB was a update also. Thanks for the info.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
From Post #1:
Note that the sub-processor version did not change for this beta...it is included here for those who may not have applied a previous beta.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Ok, noticing that when I play back a recording, most user IDs are not displayed, even though they were displayed while live. So, enabled a debug log, and turned recording on, and when stopping a recording session, there are no (0) files saved even though there have been transmissions.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4290

Attachments

• log0031244.txt
    124.6 KB · Views: 59
  • log0082960.txt
    138.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
here I see UIDs are a hit or miss on playback...
also interesting to know cops can write tickets for excessive horn honking

https://youtu.be/rmyGUjc9Ep8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes that is correct. I went to a police academy and i remember seeing that offense but that is just so petty of a offense in my opinion to worry about compared to more important things they should be worrying about. I also noticed the same issue on playback during a test but i dont use that feature so its not a issue for me but i do confirm the issue

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed a huge improvement in P25 reception almost no missed transmissions and given that it is a wide band receiver I attribute what I did miss to sell towers and horribly powerful FM Stations. I'd say overall while mobile with a external antenna on my truck today and stationary here on my desk with a rubber ducky I am receiving 95% or better of the p25 transmissions on my local system. This is a huge improvement! Also I experienced the playback bug, upon playback the radio does not show UID's that were shown while listening live. Also UHF and VHF also sound a lot better the hum is less noticeable although still there but not as loud as before. I think this is a huge improvement from the last firmware release. The only other thing I noticed as AGC isn't working as well anymore the radio volume fluctuates greatly at times on analog and digital conventional channels and p25 trunked channels as well.

As always thank you to UPMan and Uniden for your continued support for the SDS100.

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
With this firmware, I've noticed while charging while on, the LED is always green, even though the scanner is not fully charged. In the past it's red until fully charged.

scannerhead

In the Settings menu, re-check the battery settings for "Set Charge While On" and make sure it's set to Enable. Mine was changed back to Disable somehow. Firmware update? (Sorry, forgot you had the green light on. I had neither. So this wasn't your issue.)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Another huge improvement in P25 reception for LA PD systems
(SDS100 Firmware 1.05.00M/1.01.05S Open Beta)
Thank You UPMan and Uniden team for listening and supporting the SDS100.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
So far so good, UHF and VHF reception is much better

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Quick report: Improved digital performance on the Motorola Smartzone UHF system. I'm now able to have End Code set to Analog + Digital and not miss as many transmissions although there are still some missed transmissions, particularly short ones. It seems like the scanner is slow to come off the voice channel at the end of transmission.
Some improved performance on my county's local P25 system. Still an occasional garbled transmission but much less and none were lost.
Decreased sensitivity on UHF and 700-800-900mhz. On a test distant signals in these ranges that used to come in no longer do or are degraded reception. This same issue though may have contributed to improved performance on local P25 due to lessened noise from nearby transmitters on the same band.
VHF performance slightly improved. Still not anywhere near where it needs to be but better than it was in previous firmware.
I have not noticed the Radio ID issue some have reported when recording audio. I've only observed recorded Phase 2 audio.
Still noticing missed radio ID alerts on local phase 2 system.
Videos and debug logs to follow.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Transmissions Dropping

I downloaded on Friday, and still seeing some dropped short transmissions, but not as frequent as prior firmware. What's new is I had transmissions briefly drop while in progress which never happened before. I turned on the Detail Trunk mode in an attempt to see if this was involving only 1 of the voice frequencies which it wasn't. The one thing I did notice not seen on previous firmware was the RSSI value was steady in the -70's range, but it would jump to -100+ db's and then quickly return to -70db's. This didn't happen frequently and was wondering if it was as result of a tweak in any automatic gain control settings with this firmware?

The system is Starcom which is listed as Phase 2 but it's a Phase 1 system.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=10872

System is in Hold...Hold Time 0, Priority ID Scan Off.

Due to the large file, I messaged Jason Houk and was allowed permission to submit the file to his Google Drive, which he'll forward it on. Tomorrow I will put together both a video and debug file in the event it's not caught on this debug file which was suggested to me by Jason...thank's again!

Status
Not open for further replies.