Availability BC-UTGC Uniden GPS Adapter for SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
Hello friends!

Has anyone heard anything about when these cables will become available again?

I ordered one from Gigaparts back in June and the ETA originally said August. I just checked their site and now it says September.

They must be heavily constrained! I don’t want to lose my place in line to get one, but if another supplier gets them in stock before Gigaparts, I’ll jump!

Thanks!

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Hello friends!

Has anyone heard anything about when these cables will become available again?

I ordered one from Gigaparts back in June and the ETA originally said August. I just checked their site and now it says September.

They must be heavily constrained! I don’t want to lose my place in line to get one, but if another supplier gets them in stock before Gigaparts, I’ll jump!

Thanks!

Check out Ebay seller Webtron-x. I purchased mine from him on Friday and got it yesterday. $19.95 OTD

racing1

Check out Ebay seller Webtron-x. I purchased mine from him on Friday and got it yesterday. $19.95 OTD
Got my yesterday too but with range set to 0 and location control turned on it still scans stills out of range. Why is this?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Got my yesterday too but with range set to 0 and location control turned on it still scans stills out of range. Why is this?

Do you live in the boonies?
Seriously check the LAT LON and make sure it's good

And check the locations in the RRDB to make sure they are accurate

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

racing1

Do you live in the boonies?
Seriously check the LAT LON and make sure it's good

And check the locations in the RRDB to make sure they are accurate

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100
Nope actually live north of Houston so nowhere near the boonies lol. I thought using gps meant I didnt have to use lat lon?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The scanner can display lat and lon from the GPS
Trying to make sure it's set up correctly

Also enter 90036 as a zip code without the GPS then plug in the GPS and see if it changes

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
They must be out of stock now. I just checked and can’t find it on their web store.

For saying Internal GPS wasn’t highly requested makes you wonder

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
Who said internal GPS wasn’t highly requested?

The only reason I can think of that makes sense for not having internal GPS would be in cases where the GPS receiver needs to be located away from the scanner. Of course you could put a standard GPS antenna port on the scanner and be done with it.

Otherwise there’s no excuse for it outside of additional revenue opportunities.

My Kenwood TH-D74 has internal GPS and gets a signal while I’m inside most buildings. Lol!

Hopefully Uniden is working diligently on producing more of them. And I hope my extended battery shows up one of these days!

...has anyone received their extended battery yet? I saw unboxings of the SDS100 that already has the battery included. But I haven’t been following the forum that much recently (started a new job).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
UPMan said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that the reason an internal GPS wasn't included on the SDS100 was that it would make the resulting unit even more expensive to the end consumer.

I don't know how they arrived at those figures but I fail to see how a decent GPS module would have added much more to the total cost, but the Uniden bean-counters have spoken.

At least we have somewhat of a "one cord solution." Well...in theory anyway since it seems to be perpetually on back-order.

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
Wow. That’s yet another study that I don’t agree with. It’s ultimately how much they decide to mark up a $5.00 GPS chipset that dictates their addressable market. If a GPS chipset even costs that much...

The lack of inventory is preposterous! But I think the lack of communication to the customer base is what makes it worse.

There’s a lot to be said for managing expectations appropriately. You can make customers a lot happier simply by giving them a little bit of information.

...just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
For anyone else looking for the USB GPS cable, there are a few available right now on eBay. The seller is Webtron-x and the item number is 253793027175. Good luck!

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
Shipping Charges

Welcome to Bearcat Warehouse!!!

...where we'll charge you more to ship it than the cost of the item!!!

In this case, they're making a nice markup on the cable and charging you a steep price for shipping on top of it!

Unfortunately, this isn't even a good example of how much they gouge people on shipping! Just a good example of being more expensive than everyone else simply because the item is difficult to get.

I'll never buy anything from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.