Default UPMAN HELP BNC T hooked to 996p2 and sds100

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I know this topic has been closed but wonder about one point... how the antenna was connected to the SDS100. It seems we all assume the SMA to BNC adapter supplied by Uniden was being used... was it? Or did the poster use another adapter that did not fit the SDS100? That collar may have prevented center pin conductivity? The other scanner played ok... Or, was there also an issue with the SDS100 not playing when the stock antenna was reattached, and it caused a concern because the last thing done to the SDS100 was the addition of the a BNC T, so, that must be the fault cause? When in fact it was that the correct Uniden supplied SMA/BNC adapter was not used?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The issue has been identified as massive RFI from a cell tower, pager transmitters, and an FM broadcast station within rock-throwing distance of the OP's house. He's looking into getting filters to block those signals.

SCPD

QRT
The issue has been identified as massive RFI from a cell tower, pager transmitters, and an FM broadcast station within rock-throwing distance of the OP's house. He's looking into getting filters to block those signals.

Way too much intermod and being surrounded by the adirondack mountains in upstate NY. Sorry For putting this down as it works away from home at several different places... When the power went out this morning I was receiving troop cars(nysp)non repeated as we rum a simplex system here or duplex... canrs dont go through the dispatch receivers as there are reflectors that dispatch picks the mobiles on... so Next went to closecall FMB is ussually full strength... this time nothing. So next i manually tuned 96.3fm on 2 scanners and indeed being a FM Translator/Reapeater on 96.3mhz fm I heard a far out canadian radio station in motreal somewhere.... about 75 miles from my location.. all worked fine till 8:30 am when the generater kicked off and power was restored... about 3 minutes later deaf... checked and 96.3 fm was again blaring through closecall and fmB band was solid... so cell service remained on and pagers remained on... Oh I actuallt caught a closecall on airband of 127.833 which was a Allegent air flight to atc while the FMB 96.3mhz was offline.. so no issues I just need to wait on fm band filter to come in from scannermaster....

Status
Not open for further replies.