SDS100/SDS200: Firmware 1.05.01M Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/PartnerWeb/SDS100-Beta/SDS-100_V1_05_01M_V1_01_05S.zip

To install, unzip the two files in the above link and copy them to the SDS100's firmware directory.

Release Notes:
1. Modified the voice channel termination method for P25 Phase 1 systems
2. Modified the TGID check method on voice channel grants for DMR systems

Thank you UPMan and the engineers for the continued support.

I can report initially that voice initialization and termination has improved on Starcom 21 P25 Phase 1 system Site 1-002. Transmissions are sounding much more stabilized, no dropping out during transmissions.

DMR and NXDN sound very good, no degrading of trunking or signal quality.

The surprising improvement not mentioned in the release notes is my analog systems. While I had some inter modulation previously, the unit appears to be "desensitized" a bit, as if the AGC was adjusted slightly. I uploaded the firmware and was just outside near the airport and have not heard any interference during analog transmissions. Hopefully others hear some improvements.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Did all my updates this morning when they were released. Firmware Friday Lives. Seems a little better on P25 catching and holding voice for my initial report in my area. Didn't have any complaints before but always seems a little better after updates. Will test further in a more active environment when I go to medical in Miami-Dade County next week. Will be up there for 2 days. Again, thanks for the continued support on both x36 & SDS100 scanners.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
CONFUSED

I am somewhat confused. I see ver 1.01.05M and I see 1.01.05S. As indicated on my SDS100 I have main Ver: 1.05.00 and Sub Ver: 1.01.05.

Do I have the most recent versions loaded?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I am somewhat confused. I see ver 1.01.05M and I see 1.01.05S. As indicated on my SDS100 I have main Ver: 1.05.00 and Sub Ver: 1.01.05.

Do I have the most recent versions loaded?

The 1.01.05s is current. The 1.05.01M is the current (new) Firmware. You need to download the file. Than right click on zip file and look for open with > Open Windows Explorer. You'll see the v1_05_01.bin. Than transfer that to the Firmware folder in the sd card. You don't need to transfer the sub file since its current.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The 1.01.05s is current. The 1.05.01M is the current (new) Firmware. You need to download the file. Than right click on zip file and look for open with > Open Windows Explorer. You'll see the v1_05_01.bin. Than transfer that to the Firmware folder in the sd card. You don't need to transfer the sub file since its current.

I believe the sub file is also new. Per UPMan's instructions, both files should be downloaded.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I believe the sub file is also new. Per UPMan's instructions, both files should be downloaded.

The past few FW updates on SUB gave me sd card error. I just put the SUB file in the radio and didn't give a error this time. Wonder was the update on the SUB?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The past few FW updates on SUB gave me sd card error. I just put the SUB file in the radio and didn't give a error this time. Wonder was the update on the SUB?

I'm not quite sure, but this firmware tweaked the analog receive a bit despite it not being in the release notes. I'm hearing some improvement since I've done the firmware upgrades. My analog wasn't having as many problems as some have reported, but the noise level has decreased in the background and the transmissions are coming through better. My 436 took a beating in high RF environments, and the SDS100 sounds better than the 436.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
What’s the best way to copy the file. Remove SD card from the SDS100 and use a card reader?

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I am seeing a major improvement on p25 regarding dropped transmissions and missed responses. Also P25 Audio is now much better and over all clearer than the previous release, at least on Starcom21 in IL tower 1-001 DuPage County. While analog has seen a great improvement with this firmware release it still seems like my 396XT and 325P2 still outperform the SDS100 on VHF and UHF. One observation I made today while doing extensive testing of the firmware is that I am still not picking up Trbo and NXDN sites in the VHF and UHF band as well as my 436 does which is kind of odd considering I still have to send my 436 in for repairs to the display and reception issues. With the copper tape on the inside of the battery compartment the 436 is still out performing the SDS in my area on Digital and Analog on the VHF and UHF bands. But as always I am very grateful to UPMan and the Uniden Engineers for continuing to support the SDS and X36HP line of scanners to make them the best they can be. Hopefully one or two more updates and reception will be perfect.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no difference in the Sub firmware. I include it just in case someone has not updated to the latest public version.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
What’s the best way to copy the file. Remove SD card from the SDS100 and use a card reader?
I plug the radio into the computer and use mass storage mode. The scanner is the card reader and it's easy to do.

jfr454

I have also found significant improvement on both the SmartZone and P25 system in Connecticut. For the first time no missed transmissions and even a few that the 396XT didn't pick up. It may be me but the audio seems louder and some VHF/UHF analog frequencies sounded better as well.
Thanks Paul and the Uniden team for your dedication.
I can post logs if desired.

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Reboot

Second time this has occurred but the circumstances are the same. Filled the SD card with recordings, programming etc. and just now the SDS100 rebooted with 15% memory used. Prior to this, the key strokes become less responsive. Recently noted that while I'm trying to turn on or off a Favorite List, I have to wait until all active transmissions are complete, then they key pad works as it's supposed to. Also..the volume control get's "laggy" but once an active transmission is complete, back to normal. This activity get's progressively worse as the SD card becomes filled. This issue also occurs with both my 536's, but that's for another thread.

For the purpose of working with the engineers and UPMan, I have not dumped my recordings or changed anything. If this follows the normal pattern, it will continue to reboot at different times until I remove all recordings (701 files at this time). UPMan, let me know what is needed so I can help. Using a High Endurance 32gb SD card, no electricity issues as I had other scanners, computer running at the same time. Downloaded most recent firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.