SDS100/SDS200: Getting Ready for Big Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To ensure that we are sending batteries to real addresses, we are requiring that the address on your my.uniden.com account be verified. We'll be sending emails out, later (to unverified account holders), but if you want to get a head start, log into your my.uniden.com account and then click on "Edit My User Account" in the right-side menu.

Check your address details and edit as needed. Then, at the bottom of that page click the check box next to "Yes, I confirm that this address is valid for shipping in case you need to send something to me."

Note that we will only send one battery per ESN, so if a unit is registered twice, only the latest registered user will get the battery. That said, to avoid confusion, if you've registered an SDS100 then later sold or returned it, please delete the scanner from your list of owned models. We really want the person who has the scanner to get the battery.

Dealer accounts are also excluded from receiving the battery (many dealers register scanners so that they can pre-apply upgrades...then they send the scanner to the end user).

At this time, our supplier still cannot provide me with a confirmed date that I'll receive these. Yes, I'm just as frustrated about this as some of you are.

JamesO

While I inputted the State name originally when I set up my account, it was not shown when I attempted to confirm the shipping address. The State name was originally not shown for some reason when you go back and check the State name is left out or missing even if I updated the State name, just the drop box to choose the State name.

Not sure if this is just my account, but something strange I found when trying to update my account and confirm the Shipping Address.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
James: Thanks for pointing that out. Oddly, the dB was correct, but the display routine was not (and only for the state of VA).

ZL1UOJ

Getting Ready for the Big Battery

Hi UPman,

I live outside the US and the dealer I purchased my SDS100 off has agreed to sent the new battery on to me as Uniden didn't ship outside the US which is all fine. I changed the address in my Uniden account to theirs, but now see that you will not ship the new battery to 'dealer' addresses. Is there any way round this?
Thanks.

Poonwart

Did a battery notice com in your box with your scanner?
Did you get a large or small battery.

I received no note and have what appears to be the larger battery and cover. I was kind of hoping to get the small battery first so I would have a spare that would fit in a shirt pocket.

Attachments

• Batt.jpg
    Batt.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 2,495
  • batt2.jpg
    batt2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,462
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.