Won't show CTCSS/DCS tones during scan, but does during search

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregW67

Premium Subscriber
My scanner is actually the Australian version of the 536HP, the UBCD536PT, but I selected the "BDC536HP" prefix for the title because I figure that my problem would be equally applicable to the 536HP.

I am an experienced scanner user (including with the handheld UBCD396XT which is programmed the same way to show CTCSS/DCS tones) and I have upgraded my scanner with the latest firmware and the NXDN and DMR updates. My problem is that it will not show CTCSS or DCS tones for any analog channel during scanning, even though it has no problem showing them while searching. I have set each channel to the Analog Only audio type and the CTCSS/DCS option to Search, but only the main frequency comes up on the screen, even with strong clear transmissions. These frequencies are definitely analog not digital, and the audio comes through clearly. The scanner appears to have no other problems. I have only tried programming it directly so far rather that via the computer, except for the updates, and I am hoping I can continue to program it that way most of the time because I plan on doing a lot of traveling with it. I must admit that I did not try it with the original firmware but upgraded it as soon as I bought it, so I can't be sure if the update itself has caused the problem. But as I said, it can still show CTCSS/DCS tones while searching.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, either with the 536PT/536HP or the 436 models? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Ubbe

Does it receive if you set it to the correct fixed subtone and does it not receive when you set the wrong subtone? Preferably do that directly on the scanner without using Sentinel.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

Ubbe

Ah, ok. It was this line that throw my off " I am an experienced scanner user (including with the handheld UBCD396XT which is programmed the same way to show CTCSS/DCS tones) " ;-)

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.