SDS100/SDS200: Question about battery charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth21w

On the sds100 i usually keep it plugged in. Will it be better on the battery to keep charge on while scanning or off while scanning? I want to keep my battery lasting its best as long as possible i usually take it off charge and let it cycle down the power til it chimes and plug it back in and charge fully. Im just a little concerned that with a full battery i turn it off at night and the red light comes on for about 15 mins maybe. But the battery is already charged.

Ubbe

Every discharge cycle counts and are withdrawn from the batteries life cycle of maximum number of charge cycles. But the battery experts also say that topping of the charge the last 10% will also reduce the battery life. So the ideal would be to have constant charge on at all times, when possible, but have it only charge up to 90%. You loose that 10% in user time but the battery will last much longer before it has to be replaced. It depends of your view of the cost/performance ratio.

/Ubbe

seth21w

Every discharge cycle counts and are withdrawn from the batteries life cycle of maximum number of charge cycles. But the battery experts also say that topping of the charge the last 10% will also reduce the battery life. So the ideal would be to have constant charge on at all times, when possible, but have it only charge up to 90%. You loose that 10% in user time but the battery will last much longer before it has to be replaced. It depends of your view of the cost/performance ratio.

/Ubbe

Ok ubbe i will just leave charge on. And hopefully it will not charge until its removed from usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.