SDS100/SDS200: Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

WH6EAO

Aloha everyone...

First ever post here, always enjoyed reading instructive posts over the years, helped me a lot...greatly appreciate it. However my problem is one that I could not solve or even find a solution for from other posts. I purchased a NXDN key directly from my.uniden.com and entered it in my SDS100 and it kept telling me "incorrect key". I'm pretty sure I have the current firmware (MV: 1.05.00 /SV: 1.01.05)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Please advise.

Mahalo (thank you),
WH6EAO

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
"Incorrect Key" usually means you've typo'd when attempting to enter the key.

I checked your account, and the NXDN key in your account matches up to the ESN of the registered scanner. Make sure you don't confuse "B" with "8" or "0" with "D" (most common misread errors).

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
You must key in all the characters, even the dashes, and do not press Enter until you are finished. make sure you are not mistaking a B for an 8 or an O for a 0 and so forth. Don't worry about how the scanner display word wraps your text, just enter the entire key and hit E. So far I have seen all upgrade key problems solved with patience and precision. Hope this helps...

JD
kf4anc

WH6EAO

Thanks guys...

I missed one digit from my initial copy from receipt. I checked my account and referenced the key and noticed I missed a digit. I need better glasses badly. Sorry for the bother.

Thanks again for the help, really appreciated it!

WH6EAO

Status
Not open for further replies.