Sds100 database errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfd540

Hello all. I was programming in a NJ system. All of a sudden the clear data user fields message came on and radio went blank. I repowered and now says nothing to scan. I had a lot of systems . Then said corrupt sd card..first how do I format and then get my radio working

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may want to get a couple of new SD cards first. One for use and another as a spare. Best kind are the High Endurance that will tolerate many read and write cycles, something that is continuously on-going with your scanner. Then follow these steps for both cards (best if you do it in a computer's card reader as it goes faster):

1. Format the cards using the SD formatter utility and note which Drive letter is associated with the cards. See: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

2. Use Sentinel and do a Clear User Data function. (Top row of Sentinel under Scanner). Check the box that says Display all drives, then select the drive you noted in previous step. Click OK. This writes needed system files on the new card.

3. Click on Scanner again and do a Write to Scanner, including Force Write Full Database. (Usual process to write to a scanner that you've done before).

4. Unmount or Eject the SD card and repeat steps 2-4 for the second card.

Both should be ready to go.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Pull up on the snap-closure on the bottom. The door and battery will fall in your lap unless you're standing up. In that case, it'll hit your foot.

marksmith

Sounds like someone with experience to me.
Pull up on the snap-closure on the bottom. The door and battery will fall in your lap unless you're standing up. In that case, it'll hit your foot.

Mark
SDS100/536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Well, yes, sort of. When I first got the SDS100, I opened battery compartment out of curiosity and, yes, the battery and cover dropped in my lap. That's the only time I've opened it. The scanner has been trouble-free for me.

Ubbe

Hello all. I was programming in a NJ system. All of a sudden the clear data user fields message came on and radio went blank.

You probably had a windows issue where the mouse pointer jumped a few pixels down and landed in the "clear user data" field instead of "write to scanner" when you pushed the mouse button, so nothing wrong with your SD card. Just reformat it and use "clear user data" again before programming it.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.