LCN tier 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

Are the tier 3 LCNs identical between the sds and the 996p2?
I have the same tier 3 system programmed in both radios, LCN the same.
The sds works great but the 996p2 acts like the LCN is wrong. It reads the cc ok but acts like it does not know where to route the voice.

Thanks
73, john

vocoder

Does anyone have a tier 3 dmr system working on a 996p2?
Tier 3 settings for 996p2

Thanks

73, john

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
The LCN should be the same. I would suspect there is something else with the programming that is causing the issue.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Entered lcn the same as sds100, 996p2 still will not voice or stop on tg of tier3

73, john

Is this a system you had to program manually? if it is on the sentinel it should be set up properly. It may also help to use the LCN finder on the SDS100 as well. The best bet if you had to set it up manually is to remake the system and to make sure everything is correct.

newatthis

Premium Subscriber
I have exactly the same issue between a 536 and the 996. There are two Tier 3 sites in my area. One works and the other does not on the 996. Both work on the 536. I took LCN's from 536 and loaded them to the the 996p2, I tried to manually create and even tried various channel positions. None worked.

I don't want to hijack the thread here. For one thing I am sure what site the original message poster is looking at which would probably help.

If support is ok with it I can post DSD, DMR Decoder and site info from Radio Reference for my area. It may help with his issue as well since it looks to be something unique to the 996P2

vocoder

Any info, postings, etc on this tier3 trouble is welcomed by me, the op.

My system that is not in the database, works flawless on the 536 and the sds100
It is just the 996p2 that will not stop on the tg. The site info will display from the CC and the voice channels work when used as conventional. The one frequency trunk is another prob with the squelch

Thanks

73, john

newatthis

Premium Subscriber
Here;s some info from Tier 3 sites in my area. One works on 996P2 and one does not while both work on 536. I've tried downloading from Radio Ref, manually putting in info and even grabbed info from 536 LCN search and loaded to the BCD996P2,

Working on 996p2 is
Airtime Communications DMR Tier 3
link of Airtime Communications (DMR) Trunking System, Toronto, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies
DSD info: TIII (HYT) Site:L13-2.2 DCC0
DMR Decoder info:
CACH : TACT Ch 2 Last fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 0 Idle
6:59:10 PM Short LC : SYS_Parms : Large Network NET=12 SITE=9 Category A MSs and B MSs permitted Common_Slot_Counter=436 Reg=0
6:59:10 PM DMR Data Frame (BS)

Not working on 996p2 is
Mobile Business Communications DMR Tier 3
link of Mobile Business Communications (DMR) Trunking System, Toronto, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies
DSD Info: TIII (MOT) Site:S10-1 DCC:1 RAS NL:2 (not sure why the reference to MOT in here)
DMR Decoder info:
7:17:41 PM DMR Voice Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 2 Last fragment of LC
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 First fragment of CSBK
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 2 First fragment of CSBK
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 First fragment of LC
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 2 Last fragment of LC

0938.512500 281
0938.537500 283
0938.562500 285
0938.587500 287
0937.012500 161
0939.162500 333
0939.137500 163

Ubbe

It could be that the 996 cannot handle RAS systems?

They use restricted access to a DMR system so that only Motorola radios with a correct RAS key can use the system. If the key are incorrect, or the DMR decoding process cannot handle RAS, the checksums for each data packet will not match and it is assumed that the signal are too bad to be decoded.

Scanners have to detect that RAS is in use and then ignore the checksums, that will make it impossible to do error check and restore missing data bits so that a very clean and strong signal are needed to be received to not get too many errors in data that will create garbled audio and showing false TG's. If a scanner are not capable of handling RAS then it will never be able to decode that system.

/Ubbe

newatthis

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the logic in that Ubbe. I guess the underlying question is whether one can expect the 996P2 DMR can decode the same systems the 536 does. And, if not what are the specific differences. It's not about signal strength since both come in full strength where I am.

I'm also still confused about the reference to MOT in the one that does not work since MOT usually refers to Motorola from what I thought

Thanks for any help

cg

Premium Subscriber
It refers to the manufacturer of the system, another would be HYT for Hytera.

chris

Aurora

And just to throw a wrench into the gears, I’m getting completely different Channel numbers on DSD Plus than from 536 after running an LCN analysis on a Tier 3 system with RAS.

Ubbe

And just to throw a wrench into the gears, I’m getting completely different Channel numbers on DSD Plus than from 536 after running an LCN analysis on a Tier 3 system with RAS.

Could that be a Capacity Max system as I believe it still haven't been fully ironed out by Uniden?

/Ubbe

Aurora

Could that be a Capacity Max system as I believe it still haven't been fully ironed out by Uniden?

/Ubbe

Maybe but scanner says T3

Have noticed all the uniden LCN numbers are exactly half of the DSD Ch ID #'s

Ubbe

That's correct. Capacity Max can be both Cap+ and DT3 systems.
DSD and Uniden use different ways of defining channel numbers. Uniden says that channel 1 and timeslot 1 and 2 are CH2 and next channel and timeslot1 and 2 are CH2, while DSD says that CH1 and timeslot1 are CH1 and timeslot2 are CH2 and next channel and timeslot1 are CH3 and timeslot2 are CH4.

/Ubbe

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy

Capacity Max is T3 compliant but only when run in "interoperability" mode. Essentially, without that the system also tacks on a form of RAS for added security.

vocoder

I wonder why the tier3 systems trunk track on the sds but not on the 996p2?
Conventionally, the 996p2 decodes the tier3 voice channels perfectly!

73, john

jeremym70

Having same issues with a Tait 220 DMR Tier 3 system in Oregon. No luck tracking the system using LCNs provided by x36 users or DSD. Only tracks if the conversation falls on slot 2 of the control channel.

Any updates on this issue or is the 325 and 996P2 not compatiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.