problem with home patrol 11 updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
I recently brought home patrol 11 and setup worked great. I updated the firmware and database using the "mass storage screen" as directed in the manual I purchased from ScanMaster. Lately I haven't been able to get the "mass storage " screen to reappear so I can update the firmware and database using the sentinel screen. I've tried many times with no luck. The sentinel screen shows "ok" greyed out. I turned it off and back on , tried turning on with and without being connected to my computer and same results no "mass storage" screen has appeared ??? any suggestions appreciated...when I turn it on it first shows home patrol welcome page then goes straight into scanning ... no "mass storage option screen appears as it did when I had it the first week.... All other options and getting favorites list and creating from scanner works great. Just can't get the mass storage screen....

Last edited:

mciupa

Where is your USB cable? You won't see that message without it.

Ubbe

Move your usb cable to another port on your computer. Each port has it own set of drivers so you might need to reinstall the driver, if the computer informs of some sort of problem that the driver couldn't be installed.

/Ubbe

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
It sounds like the device is not recognizing the USB cable. Try a different port, unplugging and plugging in the USB cable. If that does not work, you may want to try another USB cable. If that does not work, while plugged in go to the "homepatrol" tab, then "clear user data" select the box that says "show all drives" and see if the drive for your homepatrol shows up. If it does, I would try to clear user data. If not, give us a call at 1-800-297-1023 and we will help troubleshoot and go from there.

gerrycaya

Premium Subscriber
OMG !!! another "senior moment

Very sorry guys that's what happens when you are about to celebrate your 80th in a few weeks. I was looking at the USB electrical plug in my home patrol 11 not realizing it was only going to the electrical outlet not into the computer.. Sorry to all that helped and came up with a quick solution to my lapse of logic and brain power.

thanks to Uniden Support , mciupa, and Ubbe

mciupa

Very sorry guys that's what happens when you are about to celebrate your 80th in a few weeks.

Glad you figured it out. Hey, we should all be lucky enough to live to your age! Enjoy the HP2, I love mine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.