not hearing anything on a dmr frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
My 325P2 has all the latest updates and DMR firmware. I have a frequency programed in to my scanner that had no Color Code or anything programed into it, then i was able to find the CC by monotoring the freq some more so i pluged that in to the channel. Now whenever that frequency transmits you cant hear anything but the signal bars at the top have 5 bars displayed. You just don't hear anything during a transmission. Am I missing something? I programed everything in correctly. I even tryed changing the threshold. I must be missing something! Any thoughts or ideas as to what i am doing wrong?

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Do the talkgroup & radio ID appear on the screen? Talkgroup isn't encrypted? If you set the color code back to Search are you able to hear transmissions again?

The talkgroup appears but i dont think the radio ID does. This is a conventional frequency. I don't think it is encrypted. When i keep toggling the CC on and off i get the same results for both.

dodgerboi84

Understood, need a reference so I can look at what you are talking about see if I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Did you mean 463.82500??? I did not see 462.82500 listed in the license...
Yes sorry, I think I need new glasses. 463.825 is correct

No noise at all? No data bursts or "R2D2 audio" in search mode?
Completely silent. Maybe once I caught a data burst but that's it. Lasted like one second. No R2D2 audio either. Lol

Last edited:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Any updates?

I monotored the same frequency yesterday. Still nothing. Just the 5 signal bars up at the top, no voice. I changed every setting I could think of.

Ubbe

Listen to that frequency when you have it programmed as analog conventional and listen to the data. If it is a constant repeating pattern of data then it is not transmitting any conversations. If it is varying data for a second and then goes back to the idle pattern it is just sending some data traffic. If it sends conversations it will be a non repeating pattern for several seconds which ends with a second or two of a constant pattern.

/Ubbe

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Had some time to monitor. Same situation is going on and i tryed every different programing methon i could think of. First, I tried doing a custom search for 463.825 and i herd this weird noise like you would possibly hear on a control channel. I have a video of it but it doesn't appear i can upload it here. I also have audio recording of it. Like a burst noise that would last for atleast 30 seconds at a time then stop. No CC captured.

Then, I tried programing the frequency in as a channel and just got 5 signal bars at the top and a flashing code of CC5 at the bottom, every 1:30 or so i would hear the burst but it would only last like 3 seconds at most.

Lastly, I tried programing in CC5 and same outcome as last try.

Im stumped as to what to do next. As I mentioned in a previous post i think, Mercy College is licenced to abolog and DMR.

Just for reference im trying to monitor Mercy College located in Dobbs Ferry, NY
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3866145

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I'm having difficulty finding this system on radioreference. what TGIDs are you using?

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
The are all conventonal frequencies. No yet listed it the dadatbase just have their FCC info.

That makes more sense. I'm not overly familiar with the FCC datasheets. If they are not in the database, is it possible they are not in use, or not yet transitioned to being in use? Have you tried the frequencies listed as "depricated" to see if maybe they are still using those?

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
That makes more sense. I'm not overly familiar with the FCC datasheets. If they are not in the database, is it possible they are not in use, or not yet transitioned to being in use? Have you tried the frequencies listed as "depricated" to see if maybe they are still using those?

In the Westchester County DB the frequency listed as Mercy College (Depricated) i dont hear a peep on. I believe the switched security frequencies in the past few years. Thats why i sent in a request to have it marked depreceated until i find the new one.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just checked it with a 536HP and I'm getting the same results. Flashing a CC of 5, but that's about it. No TGID, no UID, no voice, etc. Doesn't matter if I'm checking the frequency with quick tune, or programmed conventionally, or programmed as DMR OFT...nada.

Maybe they have RAS+ENC, who knows.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Should i try programing it in as its own system. Also would it say on their license if it was licensed as encrypted?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
When I programmed it as a DMR OFT "system", it was even worse. Programming it as a conventional frequency at least got it to flash the Color Code once in a while.

No, the FCC license wouldn't show any specifics like encryption.

Attachments

• 463.825.png
    463.825.png
    4 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.