SDS100 Best Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Curious what everyones consensus is on the best aftermarket antenna is for the Uniden sds100??

I would say the Remtronix REM-810S. Made specifically to work with the SDS100 without the need of an adapter. If it's anything like the BNC version it should be a good one.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that it really depends on what you are wanting to receive. 800 MHZ? VHF? UHF? All of them? Also, are you trying to pull in really weak signals or primarily local transmissions (in which case, pretty much anything works OK). All antennas work to some degree across all bands, but are designed to have peak performance in specific bands.

trp2525

I emailed them last week and they said it should be available this month..

Thanks for the information update regarding the new Remtronix REM-810S and REM-820S antennas designed for the SDS100. I checked with Universal Radio today (11-14-2018) and they said that they will be carrying them but they do not have them in their system as of yet. Pricing information was also not yet available.

Ubbe

Looks like the ebay antenna are made of three antennas connected on top of each other. That makes it extreamly sensitive to the angle it has, the more gain in an omni antenna the more crucial it becomes, and must be absolutly vertical to perform better than the stock antenna. Tilt it just a little bit and it will be worse than stock.

/Ubbe

chad1208

I've found the Radioshack 800Mhz antenna with BNC to be best. (Similar to Remtronix)

I use the SMA to BNC connector that came with it the SDS100. I placed 7 stainless steel washers 3/8in in between the scanner and the BNC. Fits perfectly around the BNC to SMA connector. Connect the BNC side to the antenna, then ad the 7 washers, then twist the SMA on to the SDS100. The washers act as a external heat sink. Works great! Radio feels much cooler! Washers are snug. Haven't noticed any signal loss being the washers are sandwiched between the radio and antenna.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-8-in-Stainless-Steel-Flat-Washer-3-Pack-800361/204276464

trp2525

Any others vendors selling the antenna yet?

Universal Radio is the only online dealer that I have seen that is currently accepting orders for the new Remtronix REM-820S antenna. Their $22.95 price for the REM-820S is only $1 more than they charge for the standard SMA/BNC Remtronix 800 MHz antennas (https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants/6119.html). If you need any other small items from Universal Radio (i.e. USB power adapters, etc.) it would make sense to order them at the same time to save on shipping as the flat rate $6.95 shipping charge covers any order up to $50.00. ($8.95 flat rate shipping charge for orders up to $100.00.)

If anybody comes across any other vendor(s) currently taking orders for this new antenna, please post the information here. Perhaps there will be a vendor(s) offering FREE shipping on this new antenna during the upcoming holiday shopping season.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Universal Radio is the only online dealer that I have seen that is currently accepting orders for the new Remtronix REM-820S antenna. Their $22.95 price for the REM-820S is only $1 more than they charge for the standard SMA/BNC Remtronix 800 MHz antennas (https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants/6119.html). If you need any other small items from Universal Radio (i.e. USB power adapters, etc.) it would make sense to order them at the same time to save on shipping as the flat rate $6.95 shipping charge covers any order up to $50.00. ($8.95 flat rate shipping charge for orders up to $100.00.)

If anybody comes across any other vendor(s) currently taking orders for this new antenna, please post the information here. Perhaps there will be a vendor(s) offering FREE shipping on this new antenna during the upcoming holiday shopping season.

I went ahead and bought from Universal Radio...............

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
But the good part on 700-800 it has 11 DB gain.

How do you know this to be true? Who is the manufacture, where are the specifications? The only thing I find claiming this is the ad on Ebay, yet even the Ebay seller's own web site does not make this claim. In fact they don't even make any mention of it at all.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
How do you know this to be true? Who is the manufacture, where are the specifications? The only thing I find claiming this is the ad on Ebay, yet even the Ebay seller's own web site does not make this claim. In fact they don't even make any mention of it at all.

Well I don't other than what you saw like me. The company is from Texas called Command Communications. You can contact them here. http://cmdcomm.com/contact/. or call 1-877-263-2666.

Status
Not open for further replies.