SDS100/SDS200: analog image problem - uhf 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewje2

Premium Subscriber
i purchased an sds100 about a month ago. only issue i have is a image frequency issue on analog uhf. local sherriff is 482.8625 (no pl) and the radio gets a strong image on 482.8125 - another sherriff frequency. IPX and attenuation settings do not solve the issue. changing antennas do not solve the issue.

firmware 1.05 sub 1.01.05

any ideas on how to solve the image problem?

andy

RFI-EMI-GUY

i purchased an sds100 about a month ago. only issue i have is a image frequency issue on analog uhf. local sherriff is 482.8625 (no pl) and the radio gets a strong image on 482.8125 - another sherriff frequency. IPX and attenuation settings do not solve the issue. changing antennas do not solve the issue.

firmware 1.05 sub 1.01.05

any ideas on how to solve the image problem?

andy
Does the image frequency sound louder?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

If you tune in another strong signal do you get an image 50 KHz away?

cmdrwill

The transmitters are on Oat Mountain right in your back yard. The second freq is Countywide so it nay be on Oat mtn also.

What happens when you reduce the amount of antenna> Are you using the stock antenna or something else?

Last edited:

andrewje2

Premium Subscriber
std antenna; problem also exists with a paperclip as an antenna and a outside antenna. still get the image.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Tune another frequency with a strong signal and look for a spur 50 KHz above or below. If you find them, the receiver may have a spurious RX problem.

See if you can RX the spur with another RX. If so, the transmitter may have a spur.

If your antenna is inside the house, you might be getting a mix from computer equipment. Try turning stuff off.

cmdrwill

std antenna; problem also exists with a paperclip as an antenna and a outside antenna. still get the image.

Actually a paper clip is a pretty good antenna at 480 frequencies.

Is it really a image, LASD does transmit the same audio on several different frequencies at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.