RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2018, 5:33 AM

Default Bluetooth devices

Hi guys! Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth transmitter that with work on my 3600xlt Im after trying out my apple earbuds with the scanner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2018, 3:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I recently bought an Aluratek BT 5 transmitter/receiver at Best Buy. It has a nice external antenna for good coverage up to 300 ft. I use it to send audio from my tablet computer to my stereo system. I'm satisfied with it.
Old 12-09-2018, 3:51 AM

A Bluetooth transmitter in close proximity to the receive antenna will decrease the sensitivity of the scanner. I've used one with my 436.

It is noticeable, but it does not make it completely deaf.
Old 12-09-2018, 5:39 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mpow-Blueto...Adapter-Stereo. Works for me If this is a bad link then just go to ebay and search for...... Mpow Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter Receiver 2in1 Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter Stereo

Last edited by rcool101; 12-09-2018 at 5:45 AM..
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post
A Bluetooth transmitter in close proximity to the receive antenna will decrease the sensitivity of the scanner. I've used one with my 436.

It is noticeable, but it does not make it completely deaf.
Does your 436 have the "missing capacitor" ? Just curious since without the cap there is already a noise issue. Maybe the bluetooth adds to that issue.
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Uniden Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
Does your 436 have the "missing capacitor" ? Just curious since without the cap there is already a noise issue. Maybe the bluetooth adds to that issue.
I would be surprised if you didn't see an impact to reception regardless. Radiowaves can impact radiowaves, especially if close to the reception/transmission points. bluetooth seems to use unlicensed frequencies in the 2Mhz range, or 2Ghz range, I'm no engineer, but I suspect they are within the ranges to cause harmonic/anti-harmonic reduction or cancellation with radio frequencies.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnidenSupport View Post
I would be surprised if you didn't see an impact to reception regardless. Radiowaves can impact radiowaves, especially if close to the reception/transmission points. bluetooth seems to use unlicensed frequencies in the 2Mhz range, or 2Ghz range, I'm no engineer, but I suspect they are within the ranges to cause harmonic/anti-harmonic reduction or cancellation with radio frequencies.
I would agree. Just curious if the missing cap could make it even worse.
Old 12-10-2018, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
I would agree. Just curious if the missing cap could make it even worse.
I have never opened my 436 to inspect the internals, so I have no idea if it is missing a capacitor. I have never noticed any reception issues as compared with my icom gear.
Old 12-10-2018, 4:21 PM
Uniden Representative

Quote:
I have never opened my 436 to inspect the internals, so I have no idea if it is missing a capacitor. I have never noticed any reception issues as compared with my icom gear.
This is smart. I don't think its worth voiding the warranty or causing extra damage. If you're in warranty and you have an issue, you're better off just sending it in than trying to fix it yourself.
Old 12-10-2018, 8:37 PM

I use a bluetooth transmitter all the time with an HP-2. Never noticed any issue. The antenna is in the rear, the radio is in the front of the vehicle.
Old 12-10-2018, 8:53 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default my wife

used a little bluetooth and it was taped to the back of a 396XT.
paired up to a set of headphones.
no problem hearing the county system.
Old Yesterday, 2:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I never opened mine ether but I can tell by the serial number mine has no missing parts. It was purchased in Nov. 2017....Yes. I waited