BC296D / BC796D Rebanding Updates Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckinsocal

Probably a dumb question but will installing the rebanding update have any effect on receiving or decoding systems that have not yet rebanded?

Thanks.

Chuck

ronenp

The New software has additional menu wich deal with rebanding
so it can deal also Regular (non reband) system as before ....

firenutts

rebanding programing issues

HELP! I have updated the software in my 296, I have changed the new frequencies, followed UPMAN's guide but I can't hear many of the talk groups. I hear only 2 out of 25 talk groups. Ps Is Uniden going to update there program software to recognize and make editable the new rebanding?

dxradio2003

Checking Firmware

For the BC796, push 2 - 4 - 9 while turning on the scanner. You will see a screen that says to please wait. The firmware will then display and then the checksum (? I think it is). The scanner will then power up on it's own.

The only thing I noticed, be sure the buttons 2, 4, and 9 are firmly pressed while turning on the scanner. After checking the firmware version, I still had to turn off my scanner and then power it up normally to allow the radio to properly decode P25 signals again.

---bob

Theo

Premium Subscriber
DXradio2003, Thanks for the info. Wanted to double check my firmware update to make sure it took. Theo.

Status
Not open for further replies.