BC780XLT vol/sq pot replacement part#

Status
Not open for further replies.

uman18

i have 3 BC780XLT's that have the Volume part of the pot broken. You cant adjust the volume or turn it on and off. I've emailed Uniden and haven't heard back from them and don't want to send them in for repair as the part just plugs in and out and i can do it myself.

I had a parts BC785D I got a pot off and it works but the volume high and low are opposeite of teh BC780XLT

Can i order this part from Uniden? has anyone ordered it?

has #PH-263AA 2/4 on it.

DSC00144.jpg

K

kb0nly

I figured it was the same part as the 785D.

If you can't find the correct replacement you could probably flip around the wiring, trace out the wires to the volume section of the pot and reverse the wiring, would be a pain having to cut and splice the wires to reverse it but its possible.

That reminds me i still need to find some of the red rubber feet for my BC796D, i emailed Uniden but never got a reply.

uman18

I figured it was the same part as the 785D.

If you can't find the correct replacement you could probably flip around the wiring, trace out the wires to the volume section of the pot and reverse the wiring, would be a pain having to cut and splice the wires to reverse it but its possible.

That reminds me i still need to find some of the red rubber feet for my BC796D, i emailed Uniden but never got a reply.

Im also going to be asking about the rubber feet, so I will let you know. I have 3 780XLT's, plus mine i want to make like new again. i already ordered several sets of knobs to have just in case.

uman18

I ended up being on the phone for about 40 min with the rep.

I ordered the
rubber feet @ .20 each
base foot/stand @ 1.00 each
vol/sq pot $8.47each

I was looking for the front LCD clear widow, but the rep said there was no price or stock. Maybe its part of the whole front? Oh well im happy with my vol/squ pot's

K

kb0nly

Cool... Thanks UPMan!

I got to get the feet ordered... Haven't had time yet to spend on the phone, too bad these aren't on the Uniden Direct website.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone ever do the squelch mod to a 780xlt ? I'm wondering if it will tighten up the threshhold a bit?
n9zas

Jethro32

Feed Provider
I ended up being on the phone for about 40 min with the rep.

I ordered the
rubber feet @ .20 each
base foot/stand @ 1.00 each
vol/sq pot $8.47each

I was looking for the front LCD clear widow, but the rep said there was no price or stock. Maybe its part of the whole front? Oh well im happy with my vol/squ pot's

Do you have the part number for the vol/sql pot? Is there a compatible part if its not available from Uniden?

Status
Not open for further replies.