BCD996XT P25 wont lock on system

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevebz1

Has anyone had issues with the 996XT not locking on the control channel of a VHF P25 system? The unit works great on Motorola Type II P25 systems ( Beale AFB & Davis, CA PD) but won't lock onto Placer Counties new P25 system. It tries to lock on & I heard some intermittent conversations then the signal meter flashes & it looses the control channel. I used the same data file from a freinds 396XT & his works great on the same system. I also checked for any interference with my spectrum analyzer & found none. Any help would be appreciated. Steve

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
hopefully UPMAN sees this and can give some insight

seems to be a p25 decoding issue

he has played with the p25 settings all over the dial and cant get the system to decode p25

cdoss

It sounds like I am having similar problems, We recently switched to a 700 mHz P25 system here in Johnson County Kansas, I programmed some scanners with the info from scanner reference instead of entering it all manually. the issue I am having is the scanner can be holding on a talk group and I can have a motorola portable right next to the scanner and the portable will receive all of a transmission while the scanner some times will get it all, some time some of it and other times none of it. Is this a similar problem and if so please fill me in on the fix as well. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.