796 & P25 VHF programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

swm239

Premium Subscriber
Hello, need some help with what the system base freq, space freq & offset channel.
Trying to program a P25 VHF system and when selected it asks these questions.
Nothing in the manual other then enter these, but we don't know what they are.
Any help with what these are and what are some possible defaults or ones you might be using now so I can try a few and see if it works. I can see it finding the data channel, just can't get talkgroups to appear.
Any ideas would be great.

Thanks, Scott

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to Radio Reference

Hello, need some help with what the system base freq, space freq & offset channel.
Trying to program a P25 VHF system and when selected it asks these questions.
Nothing in the manual other then enter these, but we don't know what they are.
Any help with what these are and what are some possible defaults or ones you might be using now so I can try a few and see if it works. I can see it finding the data channel, just can't get talkgroups to appear.
Any ideas would be great.

Thanks, Scott
Read this RR Wiki Determining Base/Step/Offset for VHF/UHF Motorola Systems - The RadioReference Wiki

Also, what system are you trying to program?

swm239

Premium Subscriber
796 & P25 VHF programming - reply

Hi Frank, thanks for the note. I did check the link but it did not cover freqs in the VHF area. Does this setup seem to cover the VHF band as well. This system is in Washington County WI ( just north of Milwaukee ). It is a 10 channel system with freqs in the 151, 154 & 155 area.
Any other thoughts would be great.

Thanks, Scott

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Scott,
Try

You may need latest firmware (maybe 2 or more years ago) but not sure where you can get it anymore.

Highpockets

If you have an account with Uniden, I believe you can get that update there for the 796D, if I remember correctly it was ver 1.3 (1_03.zip or something like that) you can also get the re-banding upgrade here in the Wiki.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
Did we ever find the correct solution for this?

I have been trying for 3 days and still can't get this scanner to follow the Washington Co., WI system. When holding on the control channel, the scanner can Identify active talk groups but it can't track anything in ID Scan or ID Search mode. TG# just flickers. I can decode the P25 audio fine in conventional mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.