BC346xt How to scan all sytems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmckelvey

Premium Subscriber
Just got the 346 and it's all different form the old days. I'm using ARCxt basic and radioreference. I downloaded freqs for my area, Santa Clara County CA. There were conventional and a trunked systems. I uploaded them to 346xt but It doesn't seem to scan all the freqs. There are 5 systems in my case but it scans only s0:1 If I press Function and rotate knob I get to s0:2 then it will scan it and so on for other systems. But I want it to scan everything I uploaded. Must have something wrong. Any suggestions? Also, how do I know if a trunkes system is being scaned. no Qkeys???

Ken

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure you have quick keys assigned to each system and site and that they are unlocked. Quick keys are kinda like the old "banks". You may then turn systems on and off using the quick keys.

maalox

if u press the function button in and then press the lockout key it will say to unlock all all systems then u could press yes to unlock all systems..

kmckelvey

Premium Subscriber
BC346xy systems no scanning

On the 346xt Func L/O only lets you roll through Temp L/O, LockOut, and Unlock. No All On item. I select Unlock then go to the next system and do the same. Still it scans on the one it's on but never advances to the next system.

System 1 - Santa Cara County[Q1]
System 2 - ReidHillView[Q2]
System 3 - MoffettField[Q3]

etc.

The display has

S0:12345--------
GRP1---------

I'm using ARCXT software to program the scanner. It shows that these are unlocked as default.
ARCXT - If I look inside these systems on the PC the group (names) have [Q1] next to them.

PaloAltoAirport[Q4]
* AirTraffic Cont[Q1]
* Base Operations[Q1]

Ken

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you press and hold L/O it will unlock everything (including the custom and service searches).

I suspect that, while you have the Quick Keys enabled, you have sites or channel groups locked out (two different things).

Or, if HOLD is flashing in the display, you've set the scanner to system hold. If that is the case, press HOLD for 2 seconds to release system hold.

kmckelvey

Premium Subscriber
Hod blinking

Thanks! It was as simple as the blinking Hold. The documentation isn't that clear. Better read up on all the modes.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.