Trunking Control Channels/ BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

81buckeye

Noticed in the db configuration that I imported and uploaded to my scanner, that for a re-banded Motorola system (Motorola Type II SmartZone-Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface), that all frequencies associated with this system were listed including control channels). But the selection in the scanner configuration was "control channels only". Does this present any problems?
In other words, if using setting as "control channels only", should only the control channel frequencies be listed? Or is better to enter all frequencies, and and not set "control channels only"?
Reason, I am asking is that I am not receiving any transmissions from this system, even though everything else seems to be correct. The re-banding info is entered as well?
Help??

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would be very helpful if we knew *what system you are talking about*...

Control Channel Only saves you memory space by not having to program all the channels in a Motorola trunk. It's the default on true P25 systems, but you can select it for Motorola mixed mode systems (evidently as yours is) as well. Either way it should cause no trouble, as long as the system never selects a frequency that hasn't been identified as a primary or an alternate control channel.

There are many reasons why you might not receive a system - the most obvious, and the one that tripped me up time and again, was not having your quick keys assigned/defined properly...another one is to insure that the custom table was properly installed, as this would be required for a mixed mode system (what software are you using)? Can you actually hear a control channel - it has a very distinctive sound, loud like a motorboat running full steam.

best regards..Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.