HomePatrol 1 Extreme Upgrade ARCPatrol Sofware issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbear518

Premium Subscriber
Having problem with Virtual control on ARCPatrol. It shows the the control,radio scans but I cannot do anything else. It is connected to comport 5. The display shows the radio on the top and bottom menu bars it does not show the same as on the HP1 itself. The top bar only has, "ATTEN" in the center and "BUSY" in the right corner. It does not show SQUELCH, RANGE, GPS or HELP menus. The bottom menu bar only shows "AUTO" in the left corner. No MENU, REPLAY, RECORD or MUTE controls. It does let me lock the Department,Channel etc. When I click the red, orange or yellow arrow tabs on the side it only displays those options on the unit itself and not the computer, so I have to go back and forth between the HP1 and computer to control. I tried changing the port setting and still the same result. I tried to copy a screen shot but no luck. If anyone has the answer please let me know. I also posted this in the POST RELEASE thread and have not found the answer. If anyone has other or similar problems even answers, please feel free to post in this thread so everyone can gain.

Thanks, bigbear518

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Have you talked to ArcPatrol? Sounds like a software problem, not a scanner problem.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I think I read in the large post release thread that something was not implemented correctly in the control protocol in the HP-1 itself and this alone would prevent a lot of remote functions from working.
I do not recall reading if a firmware fix was possible but I'd hope it is.
I'm thinking it was a certain command should cause the HP1 to output data but the data never comes or something like that.

Then again, maybe I was dreaming the whole thing!

I would thnk that Gommert would make mention of a limitation though either in a readme or on his site if the above is true.

bigbear518

Premium Subscriber
I emailed both Scanner Master and BuTel about this issue. SM says they will assist and indicated that there is only one person at BuTel Software and may take a few days to respond. Do you have an HP1 with the upgrade and are you using ARC

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have the updated HP1 and Arc Patrol but I have not updated my ArcPatrol to version 2 yet. I'm also pretty sure I read another thread from another user (or two) that indicated the same issues as you describe.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I hope there is a fix or I just threw my money out window.

I'd imagine there will be a fix. The ArcPatrol upgrade will be free for me as I already onwed the original version and I did not buy the HP1 upgrades for this reason. I forget now if the remote control ability was part of the free update or part of the paid upgrade for the HP1.
Too much stuff to fast!

As far as a fix, if it is a software issue then I imagine Gommert will be on it quickly. He does pretty good at fixing software issues. If it is a firmware issue, I would expect a delay as new firmwares need time to be tested.
How long of a delay, that is anyone's guess.

I'd think Gommert would offer a refund if it does not work as planned but I'm not sure what Uniden's stance is on promised functions not working if it was part of the Extreme upgrade.

Gommert may also use the "try before you buy" method so you may be screwed if you did not make sure it all worked before you made the purchase.

To me, it sounded like a simple oversight and will be an easy fix. Let's hope so anyway as I know a lot of users were excited to get remote control added.

OCO

In view of the timeframes involved between the release of the specs to developers and the time that Gommert released the 2.0 version, I'm surprised he got as much working as he did... If you look at the remote control specs that Uniden released, he's got a small subset of all of them...The demo version I'm trying won't lock the Department bar, the yellow background on white text washes things out, and I'm not getting any audio on my laptop..I'm more interested in how the ArcPatrol editing works..I loaded the Statewide MPSCS as a favorite and it seemed to get lost at times..may be the Dell C810 I'm running it on..

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
in the home patrol version said there were issues with the command set, the upgrade is free to people who already own the software, so if you need remote control that bad why not wait till it gets fixed

bigbear518

Premium Subscriber
I am looking at the port setting and this is what it shows:

Bits per second: 9600 ( options for this go from 75 to 128000)
Data bits: 8 (option for this 4,5,6,7 or 8)
Parity: None. (options for this Even,Odd,None,Mark or Space)
Stop bits: 1. (options for this 1,1.5 or 2)
Flow control: None. (options for this Xon/Off,Hardware or None)

I beginning to think these setting are not matching the HP1 for some reason.
Does anyone know the right settings on the HP1?

I am running ProScan for my 996XT and the port settings have to match the radio. You can access the 996XT and change some of the settings to match the port.

Is there a way to access them on the HP1

rwier

I have HP-1E and ARCPatrol 2. I have not even tried the VC function. I can recall no description of the VC function by Butel, other than that it is, at this time, only a basic, beginning system in process. If you read something else from Butel, post the link.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The issue is that the current HP-1 remote control command set is too limited to do full virtual control.
I have sent suggestions for improvement to Uniden.
You can only use the arrows to go to next/previous system/dept/channel or click the text to hold on system/dept/channel.

Gommert
Butel Software

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Aside from the VC limitations, I also had a problem when downloading favorites lists to ARC Patrol. The system name does not show up on the right side pane. Everything else imports correctly, but I have to go back on each system and add the name again. Is this a bug?

bigbear518

Premium Subscriber
Gommert, thank you for the info. However, the side menus do not display when I click on them. They do display on the radio but not VC. Also can you assist me with an ARC500 Pro question. If so, I'll PM with the question if that's OK just let me know

Last edited:

tomtefe

Is the V2 available for download? I cannot get my software to check for an update or download it from the butel.nl website.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
minor hijack

Curious if v2 supports delay times other than -10, -5, -2, 0, 2sec, 5sec, etc? Thx

I sure do wish I had read this thread before I made my most recent purchase! Is there any further word on this issue? I ask because I just ordered an HP1 with the ARCPatrol software from Scanner Master and I can't help but wonder if I haven't wasted a bunch of money that I can't afford to throw away on hardware and software that are not compatible.
Richard

I sure do wish I had read this thread before I made my most recent purchase! Is there any further word on this issue? I ask because I just ordered an HP1 with the ARCPatrol software from Scanner Master and I can't help but wonder if I haven't wasted a bunch of money that I can't afford to throw away on hardware and software that are not compatible.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.