I am trying to "Close" EDACS trunking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defibber

I have been using Radio Shack scanners for years, and just purchased BC 396XT and I am trying to program it. I am using BCTools and imported the Kansas City EDACS trunking from Radio Reference. I removed the groups I will never listen to, I just want to listed to Fire/EMS for now so I locked out all of the PD groups, but I am still getting PD radio traffic. I have the Trunk properties set to ID Scan, but I am still picking up Police frequencies. I have noticed the group and and talkgroup don't show anything, but there is a TGID. How do I get it to stop?

Placid1

I belive you can put the TGID on lockout.
I use freescan for programming my scanner and see a lockout checkbox in the TGID section for a edacs system.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have noticed the group and and talkgroup don't show anything, but there is a TGID.

Don't know what you mean by this, but it sounds like you still have some LE talk groups unlocked. It is best to put your police talk groups in a separate "group", then you can lockout the group instead of every talk group. Read up on "quick keys". They are a lot different than the RS units.

Also with EDACS make sure you program "all" the frequencies, and in the exact order shown.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is just showing the TGID and not the alpha, then it is in ID SEARCH mode.Try tapping F+SCAN while on that system.

Defibber

I was just getting ready to post that, I figured it out about an hour ago. I had selected ID Scan and clicked "OK" / "Save", then reprogrammed the scanner, then looked back in BC tools and it was still on ID Search, I went into the scanner itself and switched it and worked like a charm. Thanks!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I was just getting ready to post that, I figured it out about an hour ago. I had selected ID Scan and clicked "OK" / "Save", then reprogrammed the scanner, then looked back in BC tools and it was still on ID Search, I went into the scanner itself and switched it and worked like a charm. Thanks!

I used to use BCTool but I noticed it did not always save my settings as entered, just like in your situation. It also will not save the TGID order as entered.

I switched to Freescan which saves everything correctly and is easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.