Front and rear ports 15/996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Wondering if you can do this:

I want to use a BC-RH96 via the front jack of a 996 and also be able to send the tags to my computer via the rear data jack of the 996.

Can both ports be used at the same time or do I need to choose either sending tags for my feed or having a remote head?

thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Wondering if you can do this:

I want to use a BC-RH96 via the front jack of a 996 and also be able to send the tags to my computer via the rear data jack of the 996.

Can both ports be used at the same time or do I need to choose either sending tags for my feed or having a remote head?

thanks.

Yes, the front and rear ports can function simultaneous. Using the rear port, a null modem adapter is needed which is nothing more then reversing pins 2 & 3.

[EDIT] I should note that they both work simultaneous for sending text tags. Don't know about the BC-RH96.

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Asmitty:

As correctly posted by Proscan, yes you can do what you are asking. I have that exact same setup working in my shack right now. I have a BCD996T hooked to a BC-RH96 remote head using the front port (with the standard Uniden cable) and I'm also sending a stream with alpha tags via a null modem serial cable with the back port. Both ports work fine this way at the same time!

Thanks - Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.